• AIO Temp File Cleaner For Windows •

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Dos_Probie, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Dos_Probie

Dos_Probie MDL Senior Member

Jul 18, 2012
    #1 Dos_Probie, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  2. Dos_Probie

Jul 18, 2012
    Typical False/Postive with the .vbs file..and its off a Microsoft site as well..So go figure

3. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    #4 Humphrey, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dos_Probie

Jul 18, 2012
    Yep the batch was packed with a patched portable version of quick batch compiler and Winrar but again it is a harmless false/positive..which if
    you were to have Read your additional information and not have a Panic Attack it says "While not necessarily malicious, the scanned file presents
    certain characteristics
    which depending on the user policies and environment may or may not represent a threat" DP

5. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Or I could just use the VBS from M$ and not worry about it at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dos_Probie

Jul 18, 2012
    Yep that's what you should do.. Or if I get to many cry babies I could just reload without the compiler..

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #8 urie, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    @ Humphrey, I just unpacked the winrar sfx file and ran avast and malwarebytes scan on the setup.exe and the vbs file came back clean.
    Whereas I do not agree with using someone else's code i,e, the vbs script full credits are given to original developer of the script all Dos_Probie has done is made an installer that adds registry entry to:

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "Clean-Tmp"=-
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "Clean-Tmp"=-
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run]
    "First-Run"=-
    "Clean-Tmp"=-
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run32]
    "Clean-Tmp"=-
    This is the registry file to remove entries.

@ Dos_Probie, Just do that I know quick batch compiler can add protection to script and that is the problem obviously you should have nothing to hide just adding registry entries :)

8. Dos_Probie

Jul 18, 2012
    #9 Dos_Probie, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Thanks Urie, Yep I just made a auto installer for a really great script while making it easy and painless to install..I just
    added a disclaimer to the upload about the false/postive on the .exe file, you can just use my winrar installer or install
    manually if you wish, your choice..Sorry for the confusion..DP

9. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Well I will say that some of the better virus scanners shown to be used on Virustotal are not listing any hits for the setup.exe but its real easy to claim something to be "false positivie." The being said, the cleanup vbs file I thank you for.

10. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    It theoretically are doing no protection since the batch file will always have to be written to disk for the command prompt read and execute the script.

11. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    Can be found in the %temp% directory.

12. Dos_Probie

Jul 18, 2012
    #13 Dos_Probie, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    (OP)
    Well since this was brought to my attention I did googled up compilers showing viruses and got a lot of hits that they will show negative results from the way they all compile the batch files, Then I downloaded and did some test with other compilers and these are my results 1.Bat2Exe shows 2/47 2.Quickbatch shows 5/47 (the one I used) 3.ExeScript 3.0 shows 7/47 and 4.Advanced Bat2Exe came in last or worst depending on how you look at it at 9/47, all of this from a 1kb 4 liner (virus free) batch file! I emailed support for all three products and am awaiting a answer and will report back when they email me back..DP

13. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    They can not do the best since the out file really is small and points to viruses (batch).

The best that you can do is learn about WinRAR SFX management and all is done. You will can do EXEs from Batch with automatic cleaning function without false positives.

14. Dos_Probie

Jul 18, 2012
  15. Dos_Probie

Jul 18, 2012
  16. sweanisse2.0

sweanisse2.0 MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2013
    shuld you recommend this software for Windows 8 x64 pro?

17. Dos_Probie

Jul 18, 2012
    I have tested it with 64-bit Vista, Windows 7 and currently using it on Windows 8 64-bit and works flawless..DP