★★ Your Thoughts Corner ★★

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by LoverOfLove, Jan 2, 2018.

1. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    sometimes we happen to have some thoughts, maybe bcoz something happen or no reason at all.sometimes some thought can be noble and some time they are meaningless.But important part is that we create a thought .
    I think it would be nice if in a thread we can post thoughts, and get to know how world think. I assume that you would also like it.In this thread Subject can be anything, but pls post in such a manner that its not hurtful or insulting to others.
    Cheers... [​IMG]

2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Too bad I didn't think of this thread myself, but I'll put some thought into it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Think how you want, do what you want - there is always someone who does not like it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Definitely worth giving some thought...

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Now we'll all have to think about that won't we?

6. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    that`s a real nice thought, i think.

7. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
  8. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
  9. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
  10. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    #10 LoverOfLove, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    (OP)
    when we criticize a person and that person gets hurt, then criticism is not the only thing that hurt people, but mostly its the way we criticize people.i think that most people can tolerate criticism if we properly use politeness in words and in our body language,and we can get this right if we truly believe that,opponent person is not a horrible person and he/she only have different thoughts then mine and we are only discussing the cause why our thoughts are different. with this mindset our words and body language automatically get change.and opponent can sense our such intentions, and will eventually accept criticism if they are right or at least he/she wont talk nonsense and throw crap at you.
    this doesn't always work but at least it gives better result then our usual style of argumentative habits.
    in online forum world we don't have body language to show or the different way in we can talk. and a plain line of criticism can lead to believe as harsh offending line. so the above method fails here, but still if we try to put politeness in our words then we can still maintain the discussion and it can eliminate the some possibility of offending others.

11. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    @ancestor(v) i think well worded thoughts in which a person put some time are mostly serious.and it is probably the suitable category. :g:

12. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    thanks for the kind words .. i feel that if we try to capture our thoughts into words and put it here then its going to be pretty awesome. :)

13. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. Furthermore, It’s wishful thinking to think that we think because, for the most part, our thoughts think us.

14. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    yes, its hard to get over our prejudices and indoctrination.and one needs to have a very serious honest discussion to opposite side ideas to overcome incorrect thoughts,which one think as a eternal truth.talking to opposite side is way more helping in purifying our thoughts then try to correct our self.. correcting our thoughts is a long ongoing battle.

15. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #15 Joe C, Jan 3, 2018
    How does one correct his/her thoughts if they think they are already correct to begin with?
    I think a guy named Adolph thought he was correct when he started a war

16. LoverOfLove

LoverOfLove MDL Member

Oct 17, 2017
    @Joe C one can not correct his/her thoughts if they think their thoughts are ultimate truth without any doubt. To have correct thoughts one simply have to acknowledge the fact that you can not have 100% true, oppression free, fair thoughts.there is always something go wrong mainly because our human nature (animalistic). once after we agree upon this then rest is straight road but with hurdles. and in achieving purified thoughts our main hurdle is our ego and dignity. how can we accept a fact that we have to give up our idea which we got from parents teachers and society and above all isnt it insulting that we have to give up a idea which we always thought as truth and accept others idea which we got from a recent rational discussion?yep its hard as hell. but in order to achieve purified thoughts we have to pass that stage and destroy our whole ideal structure for the sake of truth.once we learned how to do that then rest is easy ride in a long term battle for the sake of truth and purified thoughts.

17. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Joe C has a point. As for objective discussion, the average participant won’t tolerate other opinions, despite declaring an open mind for them. Or, as I put it,

“Everyone is entitled to his stupid opinion, as long as he keeps it to himself” (Katzenfreund)

18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #18 Joe C, Jan 3, 2018
    Charlie Manson was one who was thinking he had free and open thoughts too, mostly that he was sure that he thought he was Satan.
    There's way too many warped minds on this planet to think that we as mankind/personkind could achieve any type of understanding of others, even more truer today with the millennial mindset of this generation

(these optimistic views are of my own thoughts)

19. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    If I don't like someone's opinions and they are insistent on putting it over I usually tell them " If I want your opinion I'll give it to you".

20. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    Thoughts can be good or bad. Or meaningless. But they're private until you let them out.
    It's your responsibility to filter your own thoughts, and not let the really offensive ones out.
    Because once they're unleashed, there's no pulling them back.

Unless you're a Proctologist and you see something wrong. :eek:
    Then you should say something, no matter how crappy the outcome.

Here are some examples of thoughts that should have been buried in the yard, right next to the neighbors' cat.

If you cut 200 Bras in half, would you really get 400 Yamicas with chin straps?

If bricklayers can lay bricks, why can't plumbers lay plums?

Please feel free to add your own thoughts. :D