10 Best Free Firefox Add-ons for Net Life

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by pandafan, Feb 15, 2011.

1. pandafan

pandafan MDL Novice

Jan 19, 2011
    The abundant add-ons have become one of the most important benefits from Firefox. There are so many really excellent Firefox add-ons for different needs, both expected and unexpected.

Usually the recommended hot add-ons are professional ones in the area of SEO and web design. As for daily life on the Internet, here are top 10 free Firefox add-ons considering best ones in users and editors opinion.

1. ColorfulTabs 4.6.4

Very simple add-one that coloring each tab of your browsed pages with different color which will make you easily distinguish pages, also it will add very good look for your browser interface.

2. Image Zoom 0.4.4

Great tool used for zooming small images and elements you need to enlarge.

3. Free YouTube Downloader 6.0

Free YouTube Downloader for Firefox from Sothink is a simple, clean and easy-to-use FREE Firefox extension for video download and Flash download. It automatically captures and downloads videos from YouTube, Facebook, MSN, and any other video sites. Running under Windows/Mac/Linux operating systems and the latest Mozilla Firefox, it supports English, Spanish, and Chinese. Moreover, the YouTube downloader also has a stand-alone version, which is not only for Firefox but also for many other browsers.

4. Xmarks Sync 3.9.2

Xmarks can record your current bookmarks roster, as well as the saved passwords in your Firefox password manager. On any other computer running Firefox, just download Xmarks, use your Xmarks login, and all your passwords and bookmarks are ported into the current browser.

5. ImTranslator 3.3.5

ImTranslator is a very useful dictionary used to translate all words from any language to the language you need instantly. It supports more than 40 languages such as Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simp.), Chinese (trad.), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese and much more.

6. NoScript 2.0.7

Increase security level to protect your system from others attacks while browsing the net. This small application prevents running of active contents that comes from sites you don’t trust.

7. FoxTab 1.4.1

FoxTab is a popular 3D tab management extension bringing innovative 3D functionality to your Firefox. It powers Firefox with the following main features: Top Sites (aka Speed Dial) - for quickly accessing your favorite web sites, Tab Flipper – to easily flip between opened tabs using mouse or keyboard gestures and, Recently Closed Tabs – for reopening a tab that was recently closed.

8. TwitKit 1.2.2

Small add-ones that add Twitter side bar to your Firefox browser to be able to deal with twitter directly from your browser without needing to visit twitter for several purposes.

9. Shareaholic 2.0.3

Share you links in more easy, fast, accurate way using this application. This add-one lets you to deal with more than 60 services including Twitter, Facebook, Google Gmail, Delicious, LinkedIn, etc.

10. BlogRovR 1.1.804

BlogRovR fetches, as you browse, posts from your favorite blogs about the page you're looking at, and shows you post summaries you can open and read right there, without leaving that page. It also suggests popular items, and even lets you tweet about any site you're on.

2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    This is my list of must have FF add-ons:
    1-LastPass: Password manager, the last password you'll ever need. LastPass is a free online password manager and Form Filler that makes your web browsing easier and more secure;
    2-WOT: Web of Trust, surf the Net securely;
    3-DownThemAll: The best download manager/acelerator for Firefox,
    4-AdBlockPlus: Block all anoying advertising;
    5-CoolPreviews: Just mouseover any link, and a separate preview window appears to show you the content.
    6-Tab Scope: Preview and navigate tab contents through popup;
    7-BrowserProtect: It monitors your browser configuration against badware which hijack your homepage and search configuration;
    8-Google Docs Viewer: View PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX and TIFF files online with Google Docs;
    9-PDFescape: Free PDF editor and PDF form filler. Using this extension allows you to quickly open PDF files online inside of PDFescape (instead of your default PDF reader)
    10-Minimap Sidebar: Gives you a suite of built-in maps and mapping tools for your web browser.

Many of your listed add-ons are great! The above are my favorites.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. glow

glow MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2008
    Don't overlook Flagfox with oodles of context menu features.

4. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    My FF Top10:

1. AdBlock+
    2. NoScript
    3. SkipScreen
    4. DownloadHelper
    5. Linkification
    6. GreaseMonkey
    7. iMacros
    8. Secure Login
    9. Tab Mix Plus
    10. Lazarus Form Recovery

5. shaaani

shaaani MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    also SCREENGRAB OR AWESOME SCREENSHOT OR SCREENSHOT PIMP for taking screenshot of webpage in .PNG & .JPG or .JPEG formats

and ELEMENT HIDING HELPER FOR ADBLOCK+

6. WhiteZero

WhiteZero MDL Junior Member

Nov 29, 2009
    "Free Firefox Add-ons"
    Wait, are there pay-for add-ons now too?

7. Anakunda

Feb 6, 2010
    yes for. ex: Download Helper, FireShot Pro

8. dearajay

dearajay MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    thanx you veru much.

9. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    I like :

1 - greasemonkey
    2 - WebMail Notifier (for Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL and so on)

10. shirou

shirou MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    1. Adblock Plus
    2. Add to Search Bar
    3. AutoPager
    4. FireGestures
    5. Google Shortcuts
    6. NoScript
    7. Stratiform
    8. Tab Badge
    9. Thumbnail Zoom
    10. Drag & DropZones

11. Anakunda

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks for useful addon been looking for something such long.

I miss also favicon changer, any replacement working under FF4 will be welcome

12. shirou

shirou MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2011
    no problem, i guess you can try this extension for favicons..

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/identfavicon/

13. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
  15. evlad

evlad MDL Member

May 23, 2011
    FF4.01

For security:

1. AdBlock Plus v1.3.7
    2. Ghostery v2.5.3
    3. ShowIP v0.8.19

Utility:

1. printpdf v0.76
    2. ie tab 2 v3.5.9.1

16. willko

willko MDL Member

May 14, 2008
    Adblock Plus
    Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus
    NoScript
    DownThemAll
    FireBug
    GreeseMonkey
    HashColouredTabs
    Multirow Bookmarks
    Password Exporter
    SkipScreen
    ScreenGrab
    TrashMail
    EPUB reader
    gTranslate
    SortPlaces

if I could only have one though it would be AdblockPlus

17. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i only use 3 addons, it's all i need:

1) Sothink Web Video Downloader (the best video capture software out in my opinion-even has a stand-alone application)

2) Password Exporter

3) AdBlock+

**just a reminder---Easy Youtube Video Downloader (FF addon) is a scam, as i had used it once and the next phone bill I had a charge for $15 just for using it, so I suggest everyone stay clear of it--it used to say free, i see they have removed that from its description now**

18. todo

todo MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2010
    #18 todo, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    For web development i use

FireFTP: fireftp dot mozdev.org
    Webdeveloper: chrispederick dot com/work/web-developer/
    ColorZilla: colorzilla dot com/firefox/
    Firebug:

and: all in one Web developer's toolbox
    addons dot mozilla dot org/es-ES/firefox/collections/mozilla/webdeveloper/

19. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Not mentioned so far, Browse By Name (which prevents magic bar hijacking) and Text Link which is similar to Linkification.

20. nedkelly

nedkelly MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2009
    Like the run command in Internet Explorer when you download a file.

OpenDownload

It allows you to open /any/ file (executables, etc.) from the inter-
    net into the default program assigned by your operating system, with-
    out needing to save it first.