1. Thomas Caycedo

Thomas Caycedo MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2017
    Hi everyone
    I need some help, I have a laptop, which has been very slow, I saw the task of verifying why the low performance, the processor runs normally, the ram has no problems, to verify the state of the hard disk I find that it is 100%, the processes that it has are normal, I have defragmented the units, make the error check of the hard disk of windows when starting it, but everything is correct, as indicated previously by the processors running the laptop are totally normal. I do not understand what is due, someone who can help me?
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    #2 mxman2k, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thomas Caycedo

Nov 12, 2017
    [QUOTE = "mxman2k, publicación: 1388699, miembro: 2574"] Su estado de Hdd es "En Riesgo / Advertencia" parece que los Sectores están empezando a fallar, además la velocidad de rotación es 5400, que es estándar para la mayoría de las unidades de computadora portátil y son lentas, tiene que ver con dar una vida extra a la batería.

Si reemplaza el disco duro, intente obtener un tipo de 7200 rpm, será un poco más rápido para acceder a los datos, o elija un SSD.

Vea si hay una opción en el BIOS para configurar AHCI, pero no lo cambie todavía o obtendrá una falla de arranque / BSOD porque la opción se cambió antes de que el OS lo sepa.

Hay formas de ajustar el sistema operativo para usar AHCI antes de reiniciar y cambiar la opción de BIOS.

Un método aquí: Si prueba esta ruta, es bajo su propio riesgo!

Solo cambie a AHCI (si puede), cuando reinstale el SO ya que el sistema operativo lo sabrá durante la instalación. Esta es la ruta más segura.

Alguna información sobre AHCI: también ayuda con las unidades estándar que no son SSD.

Supongo que las razones por las que su computadora portátil es lenta se describen más arriba, pero para resumir:

1. Slow 5400 rpm.
    2. Se están produciendo sectores defectuosos y la reasignación a medida que van apareciendo más sectores fallidos.

Respuesta rápida:
    ¡La unidad de disco duro está a punto!
    Error SMART, lo que significa que el disco tiene una vida útil limitada antes de que falle por completo. [/ QUOTE]

I will try it, I will also format and install ubuntu have such, thanks for your reply

4. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Even if you install ubuntu, your disk is gone, time for a new one.

5. Thomas Caycedo

Nov 12, 2017
    You're right, I just keep hope
    :(:(:(

6. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Replace with SSD. You will be amazed!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Thomas Caycedo

Nov 12, 2017
    Hi again guys, install Ubuntu in the same laptop and runs normally i don't why. I checked the AHCI in the BIOS and is activate. Whyyy?? Soo funny

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Doesn't change the fact that the disk is on its way out. It's a hardware failure and has nothing to do with the OS. Ubuntu does not show any speed degradation, yet, because it simply hasn't tried to access the faulty sectors so far.
    Speed issues and 100% occupation in the old OS were due to the fact that the remapping process of failing sectors can take a long time (up to 2 minutes per sector because of retries) on standard desktop and laptop drives. That's the reason NAS and Enterprise drives exist which will remap much faster (to not kill the RAID).

Long story short, get a new drive before it's too late. If you can afford, buy an SSD, it's shock resistant, produces less heat and vibration.

9. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    Thomas, you need replace the hard-drive, the reason that seem like to actually going to fail it. I had happen on my windows 7 and told me that one hard drive report going to fail and I clone it, then I never lose anything.. BEST is to replace new hard - drive!