Crippled Bios in Asus Barebone V3-P5G33

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Blitzed, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Blitzed

Blitzed MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2007
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RTShaw

RTShaw MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    In case of my first idea isn't working I could try for a mod. (Rename the P5K-VM 0602 to P5K-VM(V-P5G33) 0302)
    to fool the check.
    I didn't try this before.
    Alternatively you can buy a bios chip with P5K-VM 0602 bios on it and exchange the bios chip.

But I have no experience about. I cannot state for sure if it'll work.
    Should I try for a mod? As you surely know there is a risk to brick the board.

Yen

5. Blitzed

Blitzed MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2007
    Fixed!

Thank you very much Yen! Your first solution worked. At first I got the feeling this AFUDOS wouldn't accept any switches like /pbnc and /n either, but it did! I think this flash was as risky as renaming the bios and forcing it the other way, but someone had to try! I'm very happy with my barebone right now and can recommend it to everyone.

RTShaw, hope this does you well and you're welcome! Merry Christmas to all of you!

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Glad to hear:). This Afudos seems to be something special. It hasn't got the usual checks like the newer ones. (Check for newer version, which means no downgrade, or check for version)

Yen

7. RTShaw

RTShaw MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2007
    thanks 2 u both..i really apreciate this..

8. RTShaw

RTShaw MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2007
    #8 RTShaw, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  9. LeChuck

LeChuck MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2009
    Apologies for dragging this very old topic back up with my first post, but I'd like to attempt what was outlined with my v2-p5g33 to a) stop an annoying Q-Fan error with my E5200, and b) overclock said processor.

My three main questions are:

1. Will this guide work exactly the same with the V2-P5G33 as it does with the V3 version? I think they both contain exactly the same motherboard as they use the same bios' and drivers on their respective pages on the Asus site.

2. I've already flashed my bios with the p5g33 0702 bios in attempting to fix my problems. So instead of renaming the latest P5K-VM bios 'P5G33-0302.ROM' would I call it 'P5G33-0702.ROM'?

3. I know there are newer versions of Afudos, should I just stick with 2.11 as I've read on some other sites that newer versions don't perform this operation properly.

I'm not overly hopeful of any answers as this thread is so old, but if someone could answer it would be fantastic.

10. Oberth

Oberth MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2007
    All Vintages in a series use the same board.

Hello everyone,

I work for a company that supplies a lot of the Asus Barebones sold in the UK, the current models now use a standard motherboard from their microATX range for the units but put a cut down bios on them with most of the options missing in order to encourage you to buy up to a full blown motherboard. Cross flashing with AFUDOS will work in most cases but results can vary as the boards are sometimes a touch different (missing a connector or somesuch).

In regards to Vintages a Vintage 2 P5G33 would be the same internally as the V3 and V4 versions and the same applies across the other Vintage models.