[OUTDATED / UNSUPPORTED] RemoveWAT

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Hazar, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 Hazar, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  2. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #2 Johny23, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    New Innovation.. Technology is Advancing!!

To begin with, allow me to be the first to comment on this newly released activation patch.. You Hazar are proving, as well as others, that you are the innovators of the field.. :rolleyes:

This would count indeed as another good alternative if things go bad.. :p

Thanks for all of you people, Hazar, Mr. Jinje, and nononsense for supporting this project as a proof of concept (for educational purposes only) .. ;)

(Buy Genuine Windows from Microsoft in case you need a licensce..)

Genuine Efforts indeed..

Thanks again..

Appreciated..

Keep up to the base..:cool:

3. Kalliedog

Kalliedog MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Saint Hazar:
    Thank you!!!!:)

4. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    browser freezes everytime i try to download.(internet explorer)

5. mysticmatrix

mysticmatrix MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Can we have little info as to how this works? We saw you posting those 2 command to essentially disable activation. Is this the same?

6. windows7cy

windows7cy MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2009
    i have the same question what's the different between those 2 commands and this tool? :)

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Great effort Hazar, although I still wouldn't call it "perfect" since at any point an update could cripple this and during a service pack upgrade this will without a doubt then cause problems. Not to be picky, and as I said great effort but this seems like a cat and mouse patching game you're playing with MS... much like the XP days and the early Windows Vista patches that got blocked.

My questions though is do you provide a method to fully undo all changes made by this mod? I see a button, but that looks more like some form of status rather than a "Restore WAT". Also how does this differ from the already existing Chew-WGA? Questions not just for me but to the people who will actually use your software ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    #8 Hazar, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
    (OP)
    This works by using the icacls commands I posted, with some DLL patches by nononsence and a watermark remover ;)

It works different to chew-wga, but we share one common command however, the icacls command on sppcomapi

CHew wga patches many SPP related files

This uses built in windows commands to disable certain files, and as a result MS cannot simply change the permissions back again, with a few DLL file patches by nononsence for aesthetic reasons.

The buttons disable/enable based on whether or not its installed, sorry if that was not apparent.

9. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
  10. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    So it changes the name to some files and thus disables them and then uses a few patched dll's to give a better look appearance wise (and to fool activation?) The only thing I would be worried about is an update modifying over the patched files or simply checking to make sure all the dll's are signed and in order.

Anyway again great effort and thanks for answering the questions :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    It uses ICACLS to disable access to an SPP dll, thus killing activation, then uses some aesthetic patches, its pretty update proof and quite a solid solution, its better than a loader in my opinion, 100% success rate!

12. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Fooling WAT? No more.. (correction) "Killing WAT!"

Solid Point of View ! :eek:

I've been checking out your improvements as the tool was being developed.. literary impressive.. ;)

Hope it is as described.. "Update Proof"... :rolleyes:

We believe in your potential.. keep up the goods..:cool:

13. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009

I believe this is a solid loader alternative/replacement!

I am going to focus most of my time into these new methods.

Next up, WAT killer DVD integration kit!

14. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009

Wow! That would be incrediblely fast..

Don't you think it would be wiser to check the results of the patch first before integrating it in DVDs?

15. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I know it works, but I had planned to wait anyway :)

16. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ Hazar
    I'm glad you said "in my opinion" because the Vista guys said the same thing when that was released too. A better success rate sure, true "activation" not so much :p of course this is just my opinion, everyones entitled to one and time will tell -- lets just hope I'm wrong ;)

17. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    This tool does what it says...

Disables activation completely but does nothing about the validation.

18. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    It will still pass wga though :)

19. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    You also didn't seem to take account of me saying I could pass WGA with this :p 3 months into the future

20. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Why 3 months.. come 7 days from now we shall all see;)