XP Mode in Windows 7 requires VT, Could it be Software emulated

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Qams, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Qams

Qams MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    XP Mode in Windows 7 requires hardware-assisted virtualization intel VT or AMD-V technology based processors.

Is there any Possibility to Emulate these Technology in Dual Core Processors without VT by using Software?

Plz don't tell that i can use VMware bla bla.

I m using VMware but i want to try XPmode by using Software emulated VT technolgies (Software that can use one core for emulation).

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
  3. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Software emulated VT technolgies:
    the closest you can get is vmware - sorry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    did some research and nope, it can't be done.

derausgewanderte is right, closest thing is using VMware to run a virtual xp within win7. U will need a cpu supporting VT to run XPmode.

5. Valoni

Valoni MDL Junior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    You're beating a dead horse here. We've already told you this won't work. VT/AMD-V are technologies implemented at the processor level. You can't just go about emulating that. You'll either have to set up a more traditional VM using VMWare or VirtualBox, or just go get a new processor that does support hardware VT.