Hijacking threads.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dolorous Edd, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    It gets very confusing when people hijack a thread. They see a thread that is similar but not quite applicable to their situation and they jump in with their question and the person who asked the original question may or may not get the answer they were looking for.

Read through the posts, search for your computer model number or bios version.

If you can't find an answer then start a new thread, don't hikack another thread with a different model computer or motherboard. If you have the same exact computer or your motherboard uses the same bios then jump right in but other than that ask your questions in a new or more appropriate thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    So yeah.. I'm having trouble getting my loader working... anyone wanna help?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

3. gr8trstuff

gr8trstuff MDL Novice

May 6, 2008
    Does anyone have SLIC2.1 in bios blah blah blah..

JK :)

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

smart a$$ :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Want to buy my puppy? :rolleyes:

6. kaos420

kaos420 MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    is this the thread to ask any question in??:D

7. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Will a 80486 run any thing?

8. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    #8 johnalvin, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    move to chit chat :D :D

nothing to do with win7 forum

9. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Where can i find a legit windows 7 key? lol :eek:

10. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Buy it. You will find it on the box.

Don't mind if I close here now, do you? Want to save some people from getting an infraction... :rolleyes:

11. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Oh, and I am afraid that there is not much to be done about the problem.

Of course, one could set up a rule but would that be of any help? People would just keep their attitude. Almost no one (compared to the tons of visitors here) is reading our forum rules at all...we, the moderation team, decide things more by case and by common sense than hammering any rules around.

So, if there are any real problems or threads getting hijacked in a manner that no discussion is possible, there is of course the possibility to separate the threads...