Wanted Key-Cert-Branding Project

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Suicide Solution, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    Would like to see someone here make a small app to apply certs and Windows Vista-Win7-Server keys without any boot loaders or options for them. Instead of having the certs preset, I would like a browse function to select them manually so the app doesnt have to be updated for new additions down the road.

Would like a blank Windows key field to paste the key in manually with an "APPLY" button and this function be usable as a separate process. This would be handy for adding non SLP keys as well.

What I would like preset in the app however are OEM branding options for the most common manufactures.

Anyone want to take it on?

2. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
  3. colinzim

colinzim MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2007
    ++++1 ^ !
    Adding bootloaders to apps ruins them. The apps will keep working for us but the bootloaders will probably get disabled with updates. It's a shame for nice work to become useless. This is a bios mod forum, how did all this bootloader stuff get here anyways - never was here before !

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #4 Daz, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    Actually one of the overlooked features of my program is the extended BIOS modder support. You can already add your own certificates and any serials to Keys.ini and then at a push of a button it will install it all for you. It does all this with some BIOS/SLIC detection but of course it comes down to the bios modder to label the certificate correct in the certificates folder.

All the options are under the "advanced" section of my program, since well... it's an advanced method of activation.

@ colinzim
    This is now the Windows 7 section, BIOS modding has its own section to which is loader free.

The risk of an update stopping a software mod is 50/50, but it's been working fine since Vista and has been around longer than pretty much any other form of software based cr**ks. Not everyone can modify their BIOS remember and not everyone wants to be tied down to a modified BIOS, for that reason a loader is a no brainer on any type of activation application.

If requested enough I can make a "lite" version of the program with just the BIOS modding features, it wouldn't even take me 10 minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WPGSM

WPGSM MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2009
    Dont some of the applications available now attempt to use the bios loaded SLIC first, and if that does not work, then goes the Lo*der route.

Are you just looking for an app like DAZ's, just minus the Lo*der?

WPGSM

6. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    minus the Lo*der plus oem information

7. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #7 Mr Jinje, Oct 20, 2009
    I will make one if no one else does. Currently DISM Tool already supports integrating the KEY and CERT directly into the DVD for SLIC in BIOS users.

Can DISM Tool be added to Zort's useful tool's sticky so other's might find out about it. It was designed with BIOS mod's in mind. Besides, who really wants to install a KEY/CERT every re-install if you don't have too.

How to create OEM DVD with DISM Tool for readers with SLIC in BIOS.

1) Click Mount Wim (choose WIM file and empty folder to mount and be sure to set image index # in combo box)
    2) Press Integrate Cert, and choose you cert file
    3) Copy/Paste you key into text field and push Install Key button
    4) Commit WIM changes
    5) Dis-Mount WIM
    6) Use your favorite ISO creation software to burn the DVD

8. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i got it halfway written but i dont have all the oem info for it :D so i give up

9. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #9 PAYMYRENT, Oct 20, 2009
    i think he wanted an open file dialog to get the cert and custom key input (the halfway written part)
    i just need the oem logos and i dont feel like collecting all of it

EDIT:

might be the first app i write with vs 2010 beta 2 :D

10. WPGSM

WPGSM MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2009
    \

Oh ok then. Now i know... and knowing is half the ... yea w/e. Thanks for the heads up.

11. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Logo's for the common company's are already done, I didn't download the pack, but I saw the thread last week.

Otherwise, Hazar had all the older logo's in 7Loader and we could write a combo button that reads each folder name into a list item. (DELL, ACER, HP, etc). Would be really sweet if we could program a image control to display the main logo from the combo item changed event. That way it can start out as the most common company's per suicide request, but if people add new folders in the same format. The GUI will be ready for that, and it won't be cluttered with 30 logos at the same times.

Pick a cert via file dialog is cool. But many BIOS modders will be re-installing more than once. Why not allow them to copy their certs into the same directory as the EXE and it will find the CERT automagically in addition to the choose cert button. He didn't say we couldn't do both.

Same with the key. People can enter their private key into the ini file in addition to having the choice of pasting it into a text field every install.

12. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    ill work on it but i like those idea so they will be added thanks

13. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    #14 Suicide Solution, Oct 20, 2009
    (OP)
    Reason I wanted this was to have a quick way to apply keys, certs, and OEM branding once the install has finished. It would be ok if a editable INI file was used for the selection of keys & certs.

The branding isn't a big deal if you guys don't want to go hunting down all the images, etc...I could probably throw something together myself with Winrar as far as dumping the OEMLOGO in a specific area and running a reg file to apply it afterward to get the branding done fast.

After thinking about ini files, it would be the best of both worlds. People could add the keys to the INI file if they want presets. I would also have a blank key entry field to add keys on the fly as well. I do want them to be separate processes however..meaning..I dont want a key and cert applied together at the same time.

As far as what its written in that doesnt matter as long as it gets the job done.

14. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #15 PAYMYRENT, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    half way written in vb.net waiting for vs 2010 to install
    took custom key install from open 7 act*vator by nononsense :D

Code:

Public Class Form1
        Private key As String = String.Empty
        Private sys As String = System.Environment.SystemDirectory
        Private Sub MaskedTextBox1_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MaskedTextBox1.TextChanged

'==================================================================================
            'character count for custom key input - code contribution by PAYMYRENT
            '==================================================================================

If MaskedTextBox1.Text.Count < 36 Or MaskedTextBox1.Text.Count = 36 Then
                Button1.Enabled = False
            Else
                ' If Button2.Enabled = True Then
                Button1.Enabled = True
                'End If
            End If
        End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            key = MaskedTextBox1.Text
            key = key.Replace(" ", "")
            '  MsgBox(key)
            Try
                Dim instkey As New Process
                With instkey
                    .StartInfo.FileName = "cscript"
                    .StartInfo.Arguments = (" //NOLOGO " & sys & "\slmgr.vbs -ipk " & key)
                    .StartInfo.UseShellExecute = False
                    .StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = True
                    .StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = True
                    .StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden

End With
            Catch ex As Exception

End Try
        End Sub
        Private cert As String = String.Empty
        Private en As Boolean
        Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

If OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then

Dim names As New IO.FileInfo(OpenFileDialog1.FileName)
                cert = OpenFileDialog1.FileName
                Label1.Text = names.Name
                Button3.Enabled = True
                en = True
            Else
                If en = True Then
                    Button3.Enabled = en
                Else
                    Button3.Enabled = False
                End If
            End If
        End Sub

Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click
            Try
                Dim filedata As New IO.FileInfo(cert)
                Dim dirroot As New IO.DirectoryInfo(filedata.DirectoryName)
                IO.File.Copy(OpenFileDialog1.FileName, dirroot.Root.FullName & "\tempinstallcert.xrm-ms")
                Dim instkey As New Process
                With instkey
                    .StartInfo.FileName = "cscript"
                    .StartInfo.Arguments = (" //NOLOGO " & sys & "\slmgr.vbs -ilc " & cert)
                    .StartInfo.UseShellExecute = False
                    .StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = True
                    .StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = True
                    .StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden
                    .Start()
                End With
                Do Until instkey.HasExited = True
                    Application.DoEvents()
                    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(10)
                Loop
                IO.File.Delete(dirroot.Root.FullName & "\tempinstallcert.xrm-ms")
            Catch ex As Exception
            End Try
        End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
            Try

Catch ex As Exception
            End Try
        End Sub
    End Class

15. Suicide Solution

Apr 29, 2008
    #16 Suicide Solution, Oct 20, 2009
    (OP)
    Something small and simple like the grude GUI layout I threw together at the bottom would be fine.
    The text would be buttons by that name and where "Acer" is shown is where the presets of the INI
    would be in a drop down list option. This would be a handy and safe tool for any newbie
    to use without loading a loader by mistake as well.

Here is the perfect name: My Digital Activator

J/K of course, but would like to have it as a tool available to members here to easily activate
    the system after a bios mod.

Attached Files:

• GUI.jpg
      GUI.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  16. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    We have a batch based one we have been including in the bios mods..it is up to date with all keys..

I cant do all the fancy stuff with the VB tools..I dont have time to learn either..:eek:

It doesnt have anything to do with the branding, only certificate and serial install.

It is a modified version of the Vista one from a while back..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i can convert whatever you have from batch based to vb.net

18. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008