[UNSUPPORTED] Open 7 act*vator by Nononsence [revised by HotCarl] ;-)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HotCarl, Oct 29, 2009.

1. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #1 HotCarl, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017

Attached Files:

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Looks really nice Carl. I think having the bootmgr option may cause you allot of tech support headaches though.

I didn't test any of it, just grading the interface which is very nice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #3 HotCarl, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
    (OP)

Yeah, probably. I included something about that in the help documentation, so hopefully people will read it, and use the "Insert SLIC into bootmgr" option very carefully, and only if they are willing to reinstall Windows if it does not work. (...or if they are handy with the recovery console, they can simply replace the bootmgr file that was modified with the backup that was generated during install called "bootmgr.orig". That is the way you would have to manually fix it in *any* loader that uses the current "bootmgr method"...that's why its risky...)

Maybe I should put a popup warning with just an Ok button, just to warn people who dont read the documentation...

EDIT: ehh, it would probably be easier just to remove it I guess... I just wanted to keep as many options open to the user as possible. ;)

4. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    A huuuuge thanks to Alfa for allowing this tool exceptionally :)

The documentation is great, keep up the good work HotCarl ;)

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #5 HotCarl, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009
    (OP)

Thanks Opa (and alfawaves of course)!!! :)

Here is where I will put the updates to this tool as I strive to make it as user friendly and "fool-proof" as possible. I will also answer any questions anyone may have, and provide assistance if anyone has any troubles. I am also open to any and all suggestions, so feel free to send some my way. ;)

It is my hope that this tool can help people. Thanks to everyone, and thanks again to Nononsence for the original source and concept. I am not trying to make a better loader than anyone, nor am I trying to compete with anyone. I don't want any fame, and I don't want any rep. The only reason I released this tool is because I think it has the potential to help some people (with the full illustrated help documentation), and for an alternative should someone be having a hard time getting activated, or if someone is having difficulty grasping the concepts behind activation and would like to feel more confident going into it...

6. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #6 PAYMYRENT, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    well i just tried this and the restart dialog is stuck behind the main window :(

maybe tell the restart dialog to be topmost?

7. _office_

_office_ MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2009
    #7 _office_, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    who care's orbit 30 ?

oops wrong post ... tnks ...

8. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Fixed.
    Forgot to set that form to always be on top...small oversight. Thanks for the heads up PAYMYRENT :)

9. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    I have a small suggestion ;)

The checkbox on the bottom right is confusing, we don't know what it does without reading the documentation. Maybe you should add a small description like "Always on top"?

:)

10. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #10 HotCarl, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    (OP)

That is a good idea, and an oversight of mine of sorts. If you hover over the checkbox for a second, the tool-tip says exactly what it does. I have not added a label to it because it is not a "feature" per-se, and normally the user has no reason to un-check it. I just have it there in case the "always on top" interferes with any other windows...
    I can see how it could be confusing though. I am planning on tweaking the user interface a little when I finalize some other features that I am implementing, so when I do that I will move things around and probably label that check box.
    I want to reorganize the interface a little so it is more intuitive for the user, without just presenting them with a ton of options for different things on one form (an example of what not to do would be Napalum's loader...). ;)

Thank you for the reminder Opa, I will get on top of that (and finish implementing a few other features) as soon as I have the free time. :)

11. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    IMO, this loader should be removed..
    Mods want to minimise the number of loaders on the board.
    and it's pretty much Nononsence Open 7 activator only with updated keys/cets and a sky blue colour gui..

nothing against you HotCarl.

12. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    actually no this one gives more information about the machine

13. Opa

Opa MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    it also has a complete documentation ;)

14. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    HotCarl
    OK I have know tested O7A v1.04:
    some suggestions/bugs:
    1) SLIC Present show Yes!, but I don't have any SLIC in my bios (not even emulated)
    2) processor and product should be removed.
    archinecture sgould only show x86 (32bi) or x64 (64bit).. not need for all

really good job about in the help section, very user friendly.

Does your O7A has encrypted SLIC support?

15. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #15 HotCarl, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    (OP)

(question 1):

Hmm, in order to check if SLIC is present, I query the registry...

The code checks "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\ACPI\RDST" in the registry for the presence of any sub-keys (ex: on my machine the sub-key is HPQOEM, which is the vendor of the SLIC on my machine, it will be different depending on what vendor you are using for your SLIC) and if a sub-key is there, you must have SLIC (unless Windows is detecting something wrong). <thanks to alphawaves for the idea>

I think the problem is that I am checking for the existence of the RSDT sub-key, and not checking for the existence of sub-keys within the RSDT sub-key... I will fix it :)

(question 2):
    Good idea. I will probably do that, as I could remove that Architecture box and put something more useful over there... :)

(question 3):
    No encrypted SLIC.
    I am considering making random GRLDR names and filesizes, but I don't want to totally rip off all of Daz's features out of respect for his application...and frankly, I am not trying to compete with anyone. I am just trying to make a solid loader with a bunch of features that are helpful and work without issue. I would like to incorporate other original useful features though...and I have a bunch of ideas what I want to do...I just wish I had more free time. I am currently taking 4 classes at the university and working, so I am a bit busy.

16. dzadzev

dzadzev MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    @HotCarl
    Interesting ... very nice work man :p

17. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009

Thank you. :)

Sorry I have been so busy lately... I did manage to finish up another release of Open 7 Activator though... Version 1.0.5 has been released with all leaked SLP keys to date as well as quite a few more options that were not available in the last version.

Let me know if anyone has any issues. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! :)

18. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    #18 PAYMYRENT, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:

-----Begin error report-----  [11/6/09 12:04:24 AM]
    Open 7 act*vator Error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat' because it is being used by another process.
    Open 7 act*vator failed to restore tokens.dat and/or pkeyconfig.xrm-ms correctly. (See: Restore_Activation())
    Destination paths & files:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat
    C:\Windows\System32\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig\pkeyconfig.xrm-ms
    Target folder:
    C:\Users\Josh\Desktop\O7A_v1.0.5b\
    -----End of error report-----

well this lil part doesnt work all to well :p

stop sppsvc before the restore and it should work i forgot how i did it in token restore or i would give you more info

19. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #19 HotCarl, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)

Always something lol :p
    I will fix it in the next version... :)

Right now I am trying to get the built in key checker to work... I cant seem to get pidgenx.dll to return the correct values though. Must be something wrong with my code, but I dont know what I am doing wrong. Perhaps I have reached my limit in VB with this one.
    Code:
        Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

Declare Auto Function PidGenXX Lib "pidgenx.dll" (ByVal key As String, ByVal pkeyconfigLocation As String, ByVal mpcID As String, ByVal unknown As Integer, ByVal generatedPID As IntPtr, ByVal oldDigitalPID As IntPtr, ByVal digitalPID4 As IntPtr) As Integer
        Private Sub Check_Product_Key()

Dim serial As String = keyTextBox.Text
            outputTextBox.Clear()
            If serial = Nothing Then Exit Sub

Dim genPID As IntPtr = Marshal.AllocHGlobal(100)
            Marshal.WriteByte(genPID, 0, &H32)
            Dim clearGenPID As Integer = 0
            For clearGenPID = 1 To 99
                Marshal.WriteByte(genPID, clearGenPID, &H0)
            Next clearGenPID

Dim oldPID As IntPtr = Marshal.AllocHGlobal(164)
            Marshal.WriteByte(oldPID, 0, &HA4)
            Dim clearOldPID As Integer = 0
            For clearOldPID = 1 To 163
                Marshal.WriteByte(oldPID, clearOldPID, &H0)
            Next clearOldPID

Dim DPID4 As IntPtr = Marshal.AllocHGlobal(1272)
            Marshal.WriteByte(DPID4, 0, &HF8)
            Marshal.WriteByte(DPID4, 1, &H4)
            Dim clearDPID4 As Integer = 0
            For clearDPID4 = 2 To 1271
                Marshal.WriteByte(DPID4, clearDPID4, &H0)
            Next clearDPID4

Dim pkeyconfig As String = Form1.WinDir & "\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig\pkeyconfig.xrm-ms"

Dim RetID As Integer = PidGenXX(serial, pkeyconfig, "XXXXX", 0, genPID, oldPID, DPID4)

If RetID = 0 Then
                outputTextBox.AppendText("Valid Key!")
            ElseIf RetID = -2147024894 Then
                outputTextBox.AppendText("Error: pkeyconfig.xrm-ms is missing")
            ElseIf RetID = -2147024809 Then
                outputTextBox.AppendText("Error: Invalid arguments")
            ElseIf RetID = -1979645695 Then
                outputTextBox.AppendText("Error: Invalid key")
            Else
                outputTextBox.AppendText("Error: Invalid key")
            End If

End Sub

20. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i had that same problem with the pid check part with one of my projects it never returned the proper value im still trying to get the api to work out