Convert Dell OEM Home Premium into Dell OEM Ultimate?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by itwong, Dec 2, 2009.

1. itwong

itwong MDL Junior Member

Feb 14, 2008
    #1 itwong, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
    Hello, everyone. I've just received two different windows 7 upgrade discs from HP and Dell. I've investigated both and found something interesting.

First of all, these are both 64bit version. Secondly, it seems HP offers the free upgrade via Retail discs and Dell uses OEM discs. I'm wondering if it's possible to convert this into ultimate version using the leaked Dell SLP key floating around. If possible, how do I do that?Also, I've noticed there's no $OEM$ folder inside the sources folder, which is quite different from the so-called Dell OEM WINDOWS 7 DVD floating around.
    My guess is the ones we saw are probably home-made and the real one uses something different to insert the key and pre-activate the system.

Feel free to share your thoughts. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

2. TheOldScout

TheOldScout MDL Junior Member

Nov 7, 2009
    You can extract the iso and delete the file ei.cfg and burn a new iso, then you can choose from a menu during installation which Windows 7 version you want to install. Gburner is a great prograrn to use for that purpose.

3. itlvk

itlvk MDL Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Delete editionID value

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    #4 vladxed666, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    delteing

but deleting won't work if the key and certificate is integrated into the install.wim

which this one might be because there's no oem folder...

to TS... any chance there's an autounattend.xml in the disc?

if there is you might wanna edit that too to replace the key and stuff..

then burn into iso...

BTW use POWER ISO

hMMM... hAVE YOU TRIED THE HP RETAIL ONE?
    I WONDER HOW THAT ACTIVATES...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...