Windows 7 RTM December Updates-Starforce

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Stunna, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Stunna

Stunna MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #1 Stunna, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    wat is star force???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stunna

Stunna MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    the rus forum that leaked this stuff

4. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    so these updates r not safe to install?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Well if the digital signature is correct the update/s should be fine shouldn't they!?

6. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    How can I verifiy that the digital signature is correct?

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    #7 Michel, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
    I dont care if they have digital signature, it [ruined] up my system once and i wont install leaked updates ever again :(

8. cyclops

cyclops MDL Senior Member

Sep 10, 2007
    #8 cyclops, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
    i am with ya on that one, i only install updates from windows updates

9. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Me too, so digital signature is no guarantee for a official update?

10. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    #10 SoLoR, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
    lol you are agreeing with something that you obviously have no clue about. Questions is how "offical" you want then to be. Is all software signed by MS offical? Imo it is at least for certain people, if it gets leaked is another question, but in worst case scenario that is still geniuin MS software (since its signed), however its not offical for you since you are not suppose to have it. Are updates that you can "officaly" request in coresponding KB article offical? Ofc they are, they even have KB article! Or are only updates released over WU offical? If you are avrage joe, then live in a bubble and let WU update your windows what MS considers "safe" for 99.9% of people. If you can be bothered/have specific problem, then install all updates that are avilable "upon request" and have KB article.... or just install everything that get leaked and get over with :) but some updates are actualy solving minor issues i was having. For example one of latest update made my bluetooth headphones marked as "unkown device" when they where disconnected, now they keep proper name even when disconnected.

On the other note, all this updates are leaked already for couple of days and im quiet sure they dont come from staforce but from zukona skydrive... but since he doesnt make "public" packages anymore, some people with access leaking them few at a time...

11. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    I agree. Neither do I.

12. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    ok ill instal them tonight

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Why install them just because they are available rely on windows updates already said my bit on another thread i did use RyanVM packs he did do normal updates pack plus other pack it was unreleased updates fixes al ot of these fixer were undocumented i,e, personal patches for peeps having bother with hardware. That doesn't mean you have to install every Hotfix that comes out.

14. craftbrewer

craftbrewer MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    True, BUT equally, M$ does not release every update patch thru the automatic updates. There are many many updates that you can only get from M$ when you search for them.

or

some0one is kind enough to post them.

For those out there who dont know, what you need is a way to verify they are legit

Craftbrewer

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Simple let windows update do it's job. every machine is different.:)

16. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    I installed them guys, checked my system, it's snappier, no problems to be noted, no fishy processes running in the background.

17. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Remember the old days of windows 95, the conventional wisdom was to only install those updates that you acctuall needed but no one installed them and security holes did not get plugged so MS came up with windows updates.

Now people are so update happy they go looking for updates they don't need, updates that can and will f**k up their system if it doesn't apply to their system. Just use windows update, if a update is not available on windows update for your machine then MS has determined that it is not applicable to your system or they are not ready to release it (probably for very good reasons).

Just use windows update, if you are worried about MS killing your system then use the safe updates sticky or the update utility that MDL members work so hard to maintain. These update releases from dubious sources cause problems even when they are legit MS releases because they may not be intended for your system.

Stunna, if you want to contribute to this board and gain any kind of respect then try contributing something real. Read some posts, post your opinions and try being helpful, in other words quit being a penis wrinkle, quit posting every scene release and update pack you trip over while trolling for whatever it is you troll for on the "internets".

18. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    eh... and who are you to argue what should be posted and what not? i just argued this updates where already posted and repost them "from another person" is pointless. Im sure some people want to install this updates because THEY DO solve issues (but ye most of them is not groundbreaking). If people actualy belive that in almoslt 6 months since win7 went RTM, there where only what? 6 or 7 (number of updates released over WU) issues needed to be addressed, then you live in a bubble. Win7 is not perfect :)

but on the other hand, if someone wants to feel usefull and post something not everyone can get his hands on, please give us essential tools 15.0.5000.900 :) i just "love" betas and unoffical stuff :p my computer is probably most stable computer runing beta/unoffical software ever :) from drivers, to updates to all software (if beta exists) and even bios...

19. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    welcome to the club, i support u, rep added

20. craftbrewer

craftbrewer MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Ohhhh agree whole heartly. Get past the hype and fixes are needed on a host a little problems.

AND

The mear few from windows updates dont do the trick. The now near 50 odd non windows automatic updates certainly makes Windows 7 run a lot slicker, especially 64 bit.

Craftbrewer