HP530 Notebook Vista activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by solracna, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    #81 ricardo, Aug 3, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
    hello YEN
    i did exactly what you mentioned above
    i wrote a new script by typing (command=c:\svap\Writecmds.rw) ,,i changed (patch) to (svap) because my folder is called svap,,,is this right???also should i write command=c ???

also what do you mean by (without nag screen) ????

there is rw(compiled html),,,rw(application),,,rw.exe.manifest(manifest file),,,,rw(configuration setting),,,which one of them???

could you post a picture to all of that??

is it works for only your patch or for both yours & REGINAS crack???or they are the same??

2. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    #82 ricardo, Aug 3, 2008
    ahaaa
    no problem bro :)
    but could you explain to me what do you mean by (save rw.exe) ???:confused:
    plz be patient with me bro coz am not a profesional am just a normal computer user
    thanx

Attached Files:

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #83 Yen, Aug 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    ok YEN i will wait
    i wish you will write it in a simple way so that normal user can understand :rolleyes:

5. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    I had good news and bad news to report but Yen has already reported the good news. Yes, Yen's idea of autostarting it via a group polict editor provides for 100% background execution (no RW-Everything wlecome screen or the taskbar button without using the patched loader). UAC also does not need to be turned off. FYI-Yen and I are working the same project. I chose to call it Svap (Software-baed Vista Activation Patch) to distinguish it from other softmod such as Vistaloader.

Here is the bad news. These are my INITIAL findings when tested under VMware.
    • After successfull installation of the Svap and autostarting via group policy editor, I fast-forwarded the system time 30 days to simulate what might happen in a real machine. In doing so, I was presented with a activation nag screen. The Svap did execute successfully as I verified the SLIC using ACPIScope but Vista was no longer activated.
    • I then reentered the OEM key and it was activated again. Rebooted and was again presented with activation nag screen but this time, vista stayed activated once all the starup items were loaded.
    • I then fast-forwarded the system time 1 year and it remained activated but with the activation nag screen during boot up.
    Everyone who is requesting the Svap, as long as you are aware of this information and still wish to participate in the project, I would be more than happy to help. As time goes on, there may be breakthroughs that may solve this so don't be afraid of my INITIAL findings.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    In that case it will be better not to write the complete instructions now.
    What do you think?

I'll try to find a way to execute the patch in another way.

This is the reason why other softmods are executed via 'VistaLoader'
    So the project is still not satisfying..............

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    I agree. I will write it when requested

8. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    REGINA we dont have another way :(
    i will try it in my computer even if it is not 100% working,,waiting for the new instruction :eek:

9. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    #89 reginakampher, Aug 3, 2008
    Alright. I will write a detailed instructions on how to auto start it via group policy editor. Credits go to Yen for the idea. You have to give me some time as I type with 2 fingers...lol. Once written, I will post it then combine it with my other instructions along with my findings in VMware. If Yen wishes, he can incorporate it into his first post.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #90 Yen, Aug 3, 2008
  11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #91 Yen, Aug 3, 2008
  12. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    should we wait or download this program or what??? :confused:

13. lukasek2312

lukasek2312 MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2008
    wow, i finding the same and try something witch this, but i am weak witch .bat writing files ;)
    this files i found, and a trying to do something, maybe it will be a great idea.
    I salute.

14. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    Wait....please

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #95 Yen, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
    I'm not sure if the VistaLoader environment allows to execute rw.exe, since rw.exe is a windows application. There are some other boot loader available.

I’ll have a look at it. But I have to say again, I’m no programmer!

Have you tried way 1? No improvement?

Edit: Wow, it seems they are using grub4dos therefore.......

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    This isn't easy:

Grub4dos runs in real mode, which means only a address range of 1MByte is accessible. The address 3F7E5844h is not existing that time, so you cannnot patch it. But you have access to bios routines and you can (theoretically) access your empty SLIC. But therefore you need program skills and the real machine in front of.

So we need another boot loader. But there is easybcd to edit / configure Vistas own boot loader. But I don't know if it has got the option to run a patch.

Another way could be to install VistaLoader 3.0.0.1 and patch the 'real' empty SLIC to e.g. FLIC using just one w command at writecmds.rw, so that it cannot interfere anymore.

But I don't know if this will resolve the activation issue when 30 days are over.

17. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    I have tested the AutoExNT service method proposed byYen and it does execute the patch a lot earlier in the boot process. This method to autostart the patch is the best approach so far, although the result of my tests were not positive.

After 31 days have elapsed
    • System properties shows activated but the "Genuine" logo is missing.
    • Passes Windows Genuine Validation test from M$ website.
    • MGA diagnostic tool (MGADiag.exe) report shows "Invalid License".
    • When attempting to check for updates, it shows a "counterfeit" nag screen and the Windows Update no longer works.
    After 61 days have elapsed
    • When attempting to check for updates, it shows a "counterfeit" nag screen and the Windows Update no longer works.
    • Desktop background is replaced with a solid black background.
    • If you change the desktop background with anything else other than a solid colored background, A "This copy of windows is not genuine" statement shows up in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
    After 1 year and 61 days have elapsed
    • Desktop background is replaced with a solid black background.
    • If you change the desktop background with anything else other than a solid colored background, A "This copy of windows is not genuine" statement shows up in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
    • There is a activation nag screen during boot up
    So, currently, this project is at a standstill until a solution is found. I also did some reading on the bootstrapper method also proposed by Yen and this approach was in the same arena as vistaloaders and bootloaders. It is quite complicated and beyond the scope of my programming abilities.

To everyone active in this thread:
    Who has ACTUALLY tried the Vistaloader 2.0 (not 2.1 or later) on a physical machine?

18. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    There appears to some language barrier as I am having some difficulties understanding your posts. Are you saying that it works if they follow your instructions? As for your scenario, I'm having a hard time understanding it. Can you elaborate?

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #99 Yen, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
    I've got different results:)

Edit: UAC is turned off all the time.

First I did the general reactivation way as suggested by Microsoft to write a complete new tokens.dat:
    Steps 1 to 3 are not needed, because there is no RFM anymore at SP1

4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
    5) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Ro aming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing (there is no free space at 'Roaming', it's a bug, cannot edit lol!)
    7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    9) Type net start slsvc
    10) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
    11) Reboot Twice

After the first reboot you have to apply the key.

This reactivation steps I've done to get a 'clean' tokens.dat. (just like a clean Vista install)

After that I've applied HP cert. and key again using slmgr commands.

OK! Vista was not activated. There is one thing: This machine contains a real ASUS SLIC already!

OK, I've applied AutoExNT service method to patch the ASUS SLIC to HP and the OEM ID'S as well, rebooted. Windows was activated.
    Forwarded time to the year 2010 and rebooted.

Still activated. Reurned to present time, still activated.
    Removed patch----> 15 days to activate...........

andrey_sebastian should try this method to verify my results.
    He is the one with the authentic machine!

I could modify this bios here to a empty HP SLIC, but I don't want.....

About Vista loader: The latest one is 3.0.0.1? My skills to modify the vistaloader are too low.

Strange results..............:) will reboot and travel through time some more;)

20. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    #100 reginakampher, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
    These were my test parameters
    • Fresh Vista installation in VMware.
    • Modified the VMware BIOS to contain incorrect RSDT and unmapped SLIC directly taken form andrey_sebastian's .ats report.
    • Performed the AutoExNT service method to patch.
    I do not know this for sure but this may have caused different results.
    Did you try WU (Windows Update) in 2010, or MGADiag.exe
    I agree. I don't want to try that either on my physical machine. I don't want to unnecessarily flash my BIOS.