Looking for information on HOW to perform SLIC 2.1 bios modification

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by acf2802, Feb 24, 2010.

1. acf2802

acf2802 MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    First of all, I am not looking for any current tools to perform these mods. The bios I'm modding is NOT from and OEM motherboard, therefore it does not have any version of SLIC on it at all, that I am aware of. Regardless, I'd prefer not to rely on tools that may or may not work.

I'm looking for information on how to add the tables. I have a MSI P55-GD65 and would prefer to mod the latest version of the BIOS myself, however very little information on the inner working of SLP exist (or perhaps they are simply burred under piles of useless garbage.)

I need to find some articles that either explain exactly how and where to add the tables or at least cover in detail how SLP works (as in it explains it in enough detail that it would tell you everything you need to know to get the job done.)

2. acf2802

acf2802 MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2010
    The bios are AMI (or at least based off of them) and I have found a revision 1.5 of the bios that has already been modded. 4MB in size.

Examining it I noticed that a SLIC table has been added to it (I'm assuming that is the ~374 byte entry starting with "SLICv") at offset 0x2D0000.

Is this all that is required? Could I take the 1.7 rev bios and simply copy a table to offset 0x2D0000? Or is the address arbitrary? Or, even more so , is there more modification required.

3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009