2 Months Since Release - Still No Validation for 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by moosh101, Dec 29, 2009.

1. moosh101

moosh101 MDL Junior Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Well it has been more than 8 weeks since Windows 7 was released worldwide, yet there is still no on-line validation check available for Windows 7.

Does anyone know if Microsoft have any plans to release it any time soon?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yeah I Was kinda wondering the same thing...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pliskin

Pliskin MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    It´s quite strange, that the OnlineValidation isn´t working since today.
    Maybe M$ try to fool the user of piratedcopys and setting of some nasty deactivation or validation s**t? (yepp, i know what WAT is ..)

Maybe they got something else ready to spread?

4. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    I use firefox and I get something like:

5. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Why the hurry? Leave how it is.:D

I'm quite sure that MS is validating Windows in some way and hiding it to us.:eek:

They would not leave the thing to walk like this for so much time.

6. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    yes, this is however using same type of validation as for example MSE does it. Basicaly "faking" it since there is no WAT released and you cant deny people of using "genuine" downloads if you are not ready to release WAT. You can pass this type of validation even with unactivated windows and default key.

7. _office_

_office_ MDL Junior Member

Oct 25, 2009
    what the problem ? download wmp11 && see if u got genuine system

8. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    this kind of thinking is the problem :) since people are living in illusion :p you _might_ be genuine now (since WAT is not released yet, for some reason), but now every valid key (even unactivated original key), turn out genuine, because it needs to for certain downloads etc since WAT is not released yet.

imagine function call "CheckGenuine". How it works now is, that function returns genuine if there is valid key/PID and does not check for anything else. So everything turns out genuine, after WAT will be released that function will change to whatever WAT will be checking. Most people will still keep genuine even after, so there is no problem, but some wont. But dont say that "current" genuine checks are "real" genuine checks, since they are not...

9. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

M$ work with over +1000 Proger
    at this new WAT (MegaBigProb's) on this new WAT stuff.
    This will not out - before W7-SP1 ready, this is now sure...
    :D

10. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    It can be. Perhaps M$ has a very hard work in progress to surround all the possibilities and to knock down to all, loaders and bios mods.

This can be reason to be delaying in such a way.

11. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Very True.. This is the case everyone... WAT still under development :cool:

12. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    #19 vladxed666, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  13. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I agree dude. WAT is still in development and I think that we won't probably see WAT until SP1 or so. I am guessing it is probably going to be a huge release overall.