2 questions

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NikosGr, Nov 19, 2012.

1. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hello and good day,

a) If you just tell me please since now iam logged into as an administrator, ho0w can i alter the type of nikotsaras user accoutn from MS online account to a local user account?

b) I was used to send movies form laptop to living room tv wirelessly through windows 8 embedded DLNA server. Now i dotn see the option in right click "Send to Samsung TV". Does anyone know how i will restore that again?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    just hit charm bar, change pc settings, users
    Not sure about your Samsung deal, all is done via HDMI here:D

3. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012

I cant use HDMI as well because laptop and TV are in different rooms, must be wireless.

I had that option and now it just gor dissapeared although Samsung TV can be found on Control Panel Devices.

Also i wanted to know if there is a batter DLNA server for Win8 to stream wirelessly atmy Samsung TV except Samsung PC Share Manager v4.2 which have some issues.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Until now we used to have limited user accounts and admin accounts.

Now we have this distinction:

Local User Accounts: Typical or Admin
    Online User Accounts: Typical or Admin

Am i understanding this correctly?

5. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Press WinKey8-16.png +K, Your Samsung TV should be listed here if connected properly and supported.

6. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    It doesnt get listed there but it gets listed in "Devices and Printers" option in the control panel.

7. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Please help me with this too:

If you just tell me please since now iam logged into as an administrator, how can i alter the type of my "nikos" user account from an MS online account to a local user account?
    Thank you.

Also please provide me with a better DLNA server for Win8.

8. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Go to Pc settings>User On the right side you see a tab "switch to a local account" follow the screen instructions.

9. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    He can't he is trying to switch a account he can't login into back to local, he wasting so much time on this issue.. Instead of just removing the account and creating a new one

10. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Thanks ;), I didn't know wat was happend, normaly you can switch on this way.

11. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    #12 NikosGr, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    (OP)
    Thats when you logged in as "nikos" user account that you can change your own type form online => local

What if you when you logged in as "administrator" ?

Can you chnage the type of "nikos" from online => local as well, when logged in as administrator user?

How come(when logged as user administrator) you can alter the "nikos" type from administrator => typical user and not also from MS account => local account so that the "nikos" password can then be altered easily by cmd?

12. NikosGr

NikosGr MDL Member

Sep 3, 2012
    So, this cannot be done or just we didnt found out "how" yet ?