$20 Bounty - Lenovo U410 Whitelist

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kwjake, Aug 17, 2014.

1. kwjake

kwjake MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    #1 kwjake, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    So my story begins with trying to get a whitelist for my U410 65CN21WW (download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/65cn21ww.exe). The whitelist didn't work and the factory Intel card was no longer recognized. No big deal I though, so I reflashed the stock BIOS. OEM card still didn't work. Since then I have tried:

1. Flashing the factory 65CN99WW (download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/65cn99ww.exe) - Still no Wifi. Shut down and reset CMOS. No Wifi.
    2. Flashing the mod from here http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/5866?p=834969&viewfull=1#post834969 - No wifi
    3. Downgrading to the factory 65CN21WW (Lenovo Link) - Still no Wifi. Reset CMOS. No Wifi.
    4. Flashing the mod from here http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...ially-Thinkpad?p=702020&viewfull=1#post702020 - No Wifi
    5. I have tried two different cards besides the OEM - Broadcom and Atheros
    6. I removed the msata SSD and put the wifi cards there - No wifi.

Currently I lashed the stock 65CN21WW and performed a backup from DOS: sendspace.com/file/g7r3zw
    Someone modified that backup file for me: rghost.net/57473789
    Flashed the mod - Still no Wifi

Here is a current backup with the 65cn21WW and the above mod applied: sendspace.com/file/ea2rgl
    I was able to boot into Ubuntu and see the OEM Intel card once, but it was greyed out and said something about a hardware switch being off. I tried the wireless hotkey but it didn't help. Next reboot the card vanished again.

At this point I don't know what to do. I'll gladly pay someone $20 to get this thing whitelisted and the broadcom card I got from Amazon working. amazon.com/dp/B002OB0FPI/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_dp_1

I know it's not much but hopefully it's worth the effort.

Thank you!

Edit - Sorry, didn't know about the no $$ rule.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    BDMaster is also a member here, so your bios-mods.com posts are sufficient. Any kind of financial transaction is strictly prohibited here.

:drinks2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kwjake

kwjake MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    Oh I see. I just thought the more eyes on this the better. Is there another way besides $ that I can do to say thanks? I just feel bad for asking for all this help and not being able to do anything in return.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    A simple 'Like' or 'Thanks' with proper feedback is sufficient :)

Anyway, I have edited your post to insert proper links. Previously you have posted the URLs from a copycat website of MDL.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kwjake

kwjake MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    Thank you :D

6. Galileo Figaro

Galileo Figaro MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2010
    How much do I get if I tell you the answer? ;)

Just kidding, keep the money and instead start looking for a switch somewhere.
    Turn off your computer, lift it up to the light and examine every centimeter (or inch) of it. Any switch present?

You can also go through the manual and see if they mention a switch somewhere.

Even though there's an F key for switching the Wi-Fi on and off, that doeasn't exclude a manual switch somewhere.

Happy hunting.

7. kwjake

kwjake MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    Thanks,

I looked everywhere, and I checked the user guide. The only wireless switch it speaks of is airplane mode. I did think it odd that my USB wifi dongle was also greyed out when I booted into Ubuntu. I feel like that little section of my BIOS is corrupt or something.

8. Liberatemail

Liberatemail MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2015
    Bios solution

As new member I can't post links, so look pic attached
    2015-03-14_102939.jpg

Enjoy