[20 Licenses contest] Internet Download Manager.(Review & Giveaway)

Discussion in 'Giveaways and Contests' started by sid_16, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    I would like to thank Mr Dave Saeger from ToneC (IDM) for sponsoring these '20' (1 year) licenses valued ($24.95 special limited time offer) each for our members and my special thanks to Arim for writing this professional review.

About IDM; Reviewed by the member ari_m .
    ---------------------Internet Download Manager----------------------
    [​IMG]

Internet Download Manager (IDM) is undoubtedly the best known download manager in market. It’s long been holding number one position due to unmatched performance when it comes to downloading online content. Developers of IDM release frequent updates & bug fixes which makes its performance much superior than any download manager available in the market.

[​IMG]

The latest Version 6.25 Build 3 released on 09 Nov 2015 which include following updates

• Added support for Firefox 43 and SeaMonkey 2.39, 2.40, 2.41
    • Lowered CPU consumption
    • Added support for new types of video streaming sites
    • Fixed bugs
    [​IMG]

Prime features offered by IDM
    1.Higher download speed: - IDM claims to be increases download speed by 5 times, which is very good USP if user have low internet speed. During our tests IDM clocked much higher download speed than normal download techniques. It seems developers of IDM use its proprietary “Dynamic file segmentation and connection reuse” very efficiently which divides file to be downloaded in smaller segments which significantly increases download speed. IDM minimizes the time needed for negotiations with servers and keeps all connections busy. IDM saves all file positions several times per minute. Thus after you stopped / paused downloading or even after unexpected power shutoff, IDM will resume download and assemble file correctly.[​IMG]
    . Browser integrated online video downloader: -
    When user install IDM, separate browser plugins also get install and integrated with all available browsers in system. This make the online video downloading job easy for user, whenever user access any web-page having video embedded in it following pop-up will appear as “Download this video” with options related to available video quality appears user can select one or Download all as per requirement.

IDM browser based online video downloader considered as one best online video download manager available in the market. It integrates seamlessly with most of online web player based video sharing websites like Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc.

[​IMG]

3. Site Grabber: - IDM’s site grabber is another great feature for any user who wants to download specific set of files from a web site or can download mirror of whole website for offline browsing. IDM has provided a four step wizard for user which contain pre-defined project templates like “download all pictures from website” or “all audio files from website”, which makes user’s work much easier. User can create many projects as per requirement and can save, rename, edit or delete
    any project anytime in future.

[​IMG]

4. Highly customizable: - IDM provide huge range of customization. Users can access these customization either through options control button or through menu Downloads>Options and can customize IDM as per their needs. These customization options are also very useful to manage system resources as well as data plans meaningfully.

[​IMG]

IDM created various download options keep in mind different types of users, these various options serves very well for novice to pro users.
    Automatic Mode: - This is the basic mode of download for most users. In this mode user don’t need to do anything except clicking the download link in the web page, IDM will immediately check if the file type matches with editable list mentioned in automatically downloadable file types,
    Manual Downloads through web addresses: - User can start downloads using URLs having direct link to any file available in web. User need to click “Add URL” Control button and paste the link in dialog box then click on OK button, it will open Download File Info dialog. Then use can decide on the same. Batch download is another great feature of IDM, by using it user can download multiple files with same extension having sequential file name from a web page.
    [​IMG]
    Using Right click to download from Web Page: - Sometimes user may need to download multiple files with different extensions from single web page. Upon clicking mouse right button on web page IDM shows all links embedded within the web page and provide list of available download links in single window. User can choose single or multiple options from four context menus through IDM configuration setting.
    Downloading through Clipboard links: - IDM can also monitors system clipboard for URLs with extension types mentioned in IDM configuration’s “File Type” Tab. When such web address is being copied to the clipboard, IDM will prompt a dialog to start Download.
    Drag & Drop feature: - IDM also has an inbuilt drag and drop feature where user can drag a link from web page and drop in basket which will immediately put it on queue for download. The basket can be activated through Tasks-> Show drop target.
    Downloading through Command Line: - IDM also give user option to start downloads through command line parameters.
    Following parameters are available to manage downloading through IDM
    idman /s
    or
    idman /d URL [/p local_path] [/f local_file_name] [/q] [/h] [/n] [/a].
    For more information check help segment of IDM.
    Text files Import downloading: - Use can create a list of links in a text file and use it as input through “Import-> from text file option under tasks menu.

Conclusion
    Internet Download Manager comes with a price tag of $29.95 which is very reasonable considering it is a lifetime license. It’s been in the market for more than 15 years and in an upward development curve ever since. It is one of such application which makes its mark with its sheer performance, ease of use, long range of automation options and customization provide user a hassle free download experience and also makes it best download manager currently available in the market.

IDM home page- http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Download free trial
    -

[​IMG]
    Internet Download Manager has NO spyware or adware inside of it
    Installation instructions:

1. Download Internet Download Manager Now. (Free download, 5.00 MB)
    2. Run idman625build3.exe
    3. Follow installation instructions
    4. Run Internet Download Manager (IDM) from your start menu
    Download Internet Download Manager from a mirror site

Registration

You may register 30-day trial version of Internet Download Manager for only $29.95 (special limited time offer).

If you find any problems with IDM, please contact Support Service

The details.
    To participate in this contest for Internet Download Manager:

1. You have to be a registered member on our forum.

• You must use your real IP address to enter the giveaway.
    • If you enter the giveaway using a proxy or VPN we will assume that you've other account/s & You Will Be Disqualified.
    • I reserve the right to change the rule if it is needed at any time.
    • One post per one user is allowed.
    • Please avoid posting here if you don't need it.
    • The contestant/s are requested to note down the start and end date of this contest to avoid future inconvenience.
    • Read the original post thoroughly as it contains all the information necessary to post a valid entry.
    • Those entries not meeting the giveaway requirements will not be considered valid and will be omitted.

2. This contest starts from 25th. Nov. and will end on 10th. Dec.2015
    Winners will be randomly selected using RANDOM.ORG on 10th. December 2015.

• The winner/s will respond to the winning PM within 4 days (96 hours) or the win will be void.

If you agree with the terms & conditions written above, you're welcome!

[​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Sid.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    #2 sid_16, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    (OP)
    The contest is live now!:)

The winners are in random orders;
    [​IMG]

Please don't PM me until you receive an winning message.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Please count me in :)

4. ydhist

ydhist MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2014
    please count me in :worthy:

5. DiamondMon

DiamondMon MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    please count me in
    THANKS A LOT!!!

6. apologized

apologized MDL Addicted

Nov 29, 2012
    Count me in

7. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    Count me in.... Cheers

8. biswasanupam

biswasanupam MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2015
    I would like to have the software too.Thanks.:biggrin:

9. razarajpoot

razarajpoot MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    please count me in:clap::clap:

10. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Of course count me in!
    One of the best of all times!

Thank you sid_16. :worthy:

11. ajemsasa

ajemsasa MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2013
    Please count me in :tea:

12. Freeman_0406

Freeman_0406 MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2015
    please count me in :D

13. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Thank you sid_16. You're great as usual.

Please count me in :)

14. pepinek

pepinek MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Please count me in.

15. commando

commando MDL Junior Member

Jan 7, 2009
    count me in
    idm is indeed a powerful feature rich software ...

16. fendas

fendas MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2015
    please count me in:clap::clap::worthy::worthy:

17. mtwei

mtwei MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2010
    please count me in

18. Chibi ANUBIS

Chibi ANUBIS MDL Chibi Developer

Apr 28, 2014
    Count me in! :clap:

thanks !

19. metallich

metallich MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2010
    Please count me in. Thanks)

20. acetone802000

acetone802000 MDL Member

May 25, 2007
    please count me in !