2008 Macbook triple boot using refit and Windows Loader Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nemiltak69, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Nemiltak69

Nemiltak69 MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2012
    Hello,
    I am new to the forums and can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for in an answer to my specific problem. So please forgive me if I am reposting a duplicate issue. Please direct me to the proper thread if this is a redundant thread.

I have an early 2008 Macbook and I am using rEFIt to triple boot Mac OS (snow leapard), Windos 7, and Ubuntu (haven't installed yet. I am getting hung up on the activation of Windows 7. When I activate, it says it was successfull but on reboot I get the grub menu giving me different partion options and help options to try and solve my problem. The only way for me to get back into Windows is boot into my Windows install DVD and enter the "bootsect" code to get back into windows.

The grub window I am getting says:
    Partition num: 2, Filesystem type is unknown. Parition type 0xee
    Partition num: 3, Filesystem type is fat. Parition type 0xee
    Options if your HDD is Larger than 1tb.
    blah blah blah......

Press any key to read more.

While I have read that I may need to format my hard drive and start over, I am really hoping I don't have to. I have reformatted 3 different times using gparted once and Mac Disk Utilities twice. I think my problem is due to my lack of understanding the menu options in the activator. I do not understand enough about your software to know which settings I need to check or uncheck to validate windows on my macbook. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks again for any input you can provide on the matter.

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 Daz, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...