FixedBit's Windows Home Server OEM Disk Maker

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by FixedBit, Jul 25, 2008.

1. FixedBit

FixedBit MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2008
    #1 FixedBit, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
    3-29-09

This is the post for FixedBit's Windows Home Server OEM DVD creation wizard.

Current version is Build 5, menu based and creates the ISO for you.

Just read the README file in the rar and it explains everything you may want to know.

The README also contains the OEM keys if you need them, but now there is a vbs file inside the DVD that will change your product key for you.

Just run the wizard, pick your OEM type, pick the source drive, burn the ISO.

After you install the OS, you will run the WHS configuration setup and set your Administrator Password. Next step is to look in the OEMTools folder of the DVD (X: drive) and run the VBS file to change the product key so it will be activated.

Now the VBS file deletes the "Activate Windows" links after your product key is changed.

Enjoy!

If anyone has any questions, be sure to ask.

File was removed from Megaupload, will reup later if/when I find my original.

2. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    Hi,

I have no problem during setup with or without entering key.
    WHS activate automaticaly like XP or 2003.

Here MD5 of my files :

I use the first key of your readme file

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FixedBit

Jun 10, 2008
    And you went through to the actual WHS setup? It errored on me using an actual BOX and VPC. I can reinclude the key tonight when I get home and see if anyone complains.

I just wanted to be safe. And the dll's arent touched, just the oembios files.

Plus, I just noticed, I wasnt using the actual RAW WHS images like I thought. It was one from another source that had info in the root like "how to disable activation". Might be why it was having issues.

4. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    I compare official Microsoft DVD with some download on web and it's the same.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FixedBit

Jun 10, 2008
    I am waiting to hear from some others if it worked for them. I am seeing downloads but no other comments.

6. dapjukebox

dapjukebox MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2008
    I did a build with help from your original version 1 of the maker but that failed, then i realised it was using the wrong folder for the server 2003 files. After correcting this i made another build but that failed during install with the same error that you reported about setup already running so i made another build but left the original key in place. This installed without entering a key and worked fine. Entered the oem key after install and activated fine. I used the Dell files as i was installing on a Dell Poweredge server which had the required bios already.

I have just downloaded your version 3 just in case but as i have a working dvd and a working server i will hopefully not need it but excellent work none the less. Thanks to your posts here i have a fully working Home Server.

7. FixedBit

Jun 10, 2008
    Great and thanks! See, I have a feeling that "Build 3" as I call it, will still cause the same problems. In every test I tried it would not work but offon said it worked for him so I was willing to chalk it up to being an issue on my side.

In all honesty I would love to find a vbs file to change the windows key post install, but all the ones I found for Windows XP gave errors in Windows Home Server. If anyone has a vbs or batch file that can change your windows key, please let me know.

8. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
  9. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    #9 bla, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
    version 1.1 not working

Hi "FB", tried your new "WHSO diskmaker" version 1.1 , gave these errors:

Welcome to FixedBit's Windows Home Server OEM Disk Creation Wizard

Please pick an OEM to create the DVD for.
    1: HP
    2: DELL
    3: IBM
    ---------
    TYPE 1 2 or 3 and Press ENTER: 1

You Have Chosen HPQ.

Now We Need Your SOURCE DVD Drive Letter.

Please type JUST the letter with no colon. Then Press ENTER: H

You typed Drive Letter H:.

Press Enter to begin or Q to quit if something is not correct.

Now Copying the files from the CD to our Working Directory.

Invalid number of parameters

Now Copying the OEMBIOS files to our Working Directory.

Now Copying any DRIVERS folder, if there is one.

Now Creating the actual CD IMAGE.

and of course it does not create any image.

I then tried your previous" Diskmaker" and it did created the image but I see that there are two "SVR-2003" folders, one contain a I386 folder witch have 4 oembios files +PID.INF only,the second "SVR_20003" folder is the one containing all the normal stuff meaning the i386 folder +printers folder +support folder and these folder containing subfolders etc. etc.

I see in the original installation dvd only one "svr 2003" folder, could this be the cause of the failed installations?.

i did not try any installation yet.

Attached Files:

10. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    verification of dvd

Do you mind posting a crc of the "official Microsoft DVD" , i downloaded one but not sure if it is the real one . Thanks in advance

11. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    Hi,
    I cannot, i have just make a copy of some files when a friend come with the DVD. I can upload dpcdll and pidgen if you want.

12. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    thanks anyway

It's ok dont need them ,thanks anyway

this is the one i have can anybody verify if it is the real one? thanks

Created by using HashMyFiles

CC1HOEM_EN.iso
    MD5= 881FE3A4B6CA2A62FF78DED18F144B5C
    SHA1= CD56D8D65481ED18AD38C8DB831511BBFF80E1DA
    CRC32= E509A6E6
    File Size = 1,135,050,752

13. FixedBit

Jun 10, 2008
    Sorry, been away for a few days. The error for the values means probably you do not have a Windows Home Server OEM SERVER disk in the rom drive you told it.

I have downloaded the ORIGINAL OEM Release, and one from a different location. I will post the one from the Original and the one I got from somewhere else.

Original OEM:

md5=4D58E244B71F14B7B2CFF1AAC1AEE000
    sha1=B69D03EB1A0060F16001C5B10BFB59EB3FEB8328
    crc32=AA5F49C5

Other OEM DVD Location:

md5=4D58E244B71F14B7B2CFF1AAC1AEE000
    sha1=B69D03EB1A0060F16001C5B10BFB59EB3FEB8328
    crc32=AA5F49C5

Since they are the same, I would make it safe to say you have either the wrong cd (connector or restore cd) or something is wrong with your current one.

What you need to check is if you have a folder inside named "SRV_2003", if you do not then its not a WHS DVD.

As for seeing the steps the CMD file takes, just right click on it and choose edit, or open it with notepad.

14. bla

bla MDL Member

Mar 10, 2008
    thanks

thanks "FB", I down.. the real one ,here the hash, now i'm going to try again.

Attached Files:

15. FixedBit

Jun 10, 2008
    Not the same as mine, but hey, if it works... lol...

The NEXT cmd file I build will check for the SRV_2003 folder on the DVD. I just forgot to code it in this last time.

The guy that made the original release of this has made a 2nd release which, as I guessed, does NOT include a PID.INF in the oem folder.

His soloution was to run the SYSPREP (oem repackaging of the install) after a default install, which the SYSPREP would change the key and then "reseal" the install. Seems a bit extream to me but thats his method.

16. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    using hp slp string (on an actual motherboard) and your disc maker (I also tried copying over oembios._ in ultraiso), when I entered the 1st key from the readme file, windows prompted me to go online to activate the key as entered...which I did not do, as SLP should not ask to go online to activate. Maybe i missed something, will try it again when I have time.

There is a torrent for the OEM WHS that matched the crc posted, and that is what I used along with an actual AMI BIOS, dmi edited the hp string.

17. offon7544

offon7544 MDL Expert

Sep 27, 2007
    #18 offon7544, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    Did you try to create a qs.ini answer file, just to test ?

In the root of the dvd or root of an usb key.

18. 2centsworth

Feb 12, 2008
    No I did not. I will try qs.ini placed in the root of the install DVD....(are you sure it does not go into the i386 folder). Thanks for the tip, will report back.

19. 2centsworth

Feb 12, 2008
    No-go, still asking for activation, and after adding the qs.ini, at the end of the installation i get the "setup is already running" warning and later "an error occured in windows home server setup", and that's the first time i've seen that. Never was there in previous half dozen installs i've tried without the ini. Hmmmm...am I missing something?