26 Pictures Will Make You Re-Evaluate Your Entire Existence.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sid_16, Dec 4, 2014.

1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    1. This is the Earth! This is where you live.

[​IMG]

2. And this is where you live in your neighborhood, the solar system.
    [​IMG]

3. Here’s the distance, to scale, between the Earth and the moon. Doesn’t look too far, does it?
    [​IMG]

4. THINK AGAIN. Inside that distance you can fit every planet in our solar system, nice and neatly.
    [​IMG]

5. But let’s talk about planets. That little green smudge is North America on Jupiter.
    [​IMG]

6. And here’s the size of Earth (well, six Earths) compared with Saturn:
    [​IMG]

7. And just for good measure, here’s what Saturn’s rings would look like if they were around Earth:
    [​IMG]

8. This right here is a comet. We just landed a probe on one of those bad boys. Here’s what one looks like compared with Los Angeles:
    [​IMG]

9. But that’s nothing compared to our sun. Just remember:
    [​IMG]

10. Here’s you from the moon:
    [​IMG]

More on
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-universe-is-scary

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    [h=2]18. Here’s another look. The biggest star, VY Canis Majoris, is 1,000,000,000 times bigger than our sun:[/h] [​IMG]

Via youtube.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #3 Yen, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

And finally a remake of a series in German TV that has cult status because of its stunning pictures and great music :"Space Night" (a journey to universe).

http://br.de/s/uMT2Ku (original URL change quality from M to XXL)

As mentioned already the universe is not just infinitely wide, it is also infinitely deep.

4. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
  5. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  6. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    DId I ? Its due to my low internet resource I couldn't see those videos, anyway thanks for reminding me.:D