[DISCUSSION] Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by reginakampher, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    #1 reginakampher, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2023
    Discussion

This thread is for discussion, as explained in the main forum rules thread. All posts that have been in here stay there for documentation. Valid forum rules: see here!

2. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Update of forum rules: Signature rules:

No spam, no advertisement. Links to this board are ok.
    Outside links must be approved by the moderation team.

And all of the signature content has of course to fit the rest of the rules...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ennio

ennio Guest

Agreed, yet some members can contribute in that way only. That is why 1GB links and responsibility on the members side. On the other side, that would be a great source for $OEM$ folders.

6. Separate link on minimum 2 mirrors containing $OEM$ folder and Autounattend.xml(if present).

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    We currently restrict W7 editions. Please no modified ISO's.
    You don't get banned when somebody uploads it, but the Moderators could delete the thread. If repeated the you could get banned , yes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes, OK, you may upload and post it.

Uploads of W7 ISO's are approved if:

-original ISO, no modifications. No serials (except OEM_SLP), no activators, cracks
    -wasn't posted already. (Must be a new ISO)
    -amount of ISO's should be kept low anyway.
    -all links should work

6. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Well I am at a lose here!! Maybe my hole thinking of warez has been wrong all these years??
    One of the rules is "No warez links." That's fine I understand that!!

I posted a program today to help someone remove the password on an XP computer. I uploaded the program to RS and supplied the link in the post and I coded the link so that it was not a live link. I promptly got a PM for a nice member here that I should remove it because it will be considered as warez and will get deleted!! I thanked him and then deleted my post. I did not want to cause any trouble and do want to respect the rules!!

But then I got to thinking about "RemoveWAT" posted here by "Hazar". Would that not be considered warez??

Now I know "RemoveWAT" is free for the download and that mine is not a free program but wide open for anyone to use. Could that be the reason??

Basically both of these programs are for doing illegal activity!!

What am I missing here!!:confused:

7. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Maybe your software wasn't warez? Don't know, I haven't seen it. A member isn't a moderator - so...why not asking persons in charge?

Depending on the local jurisdiction, what we're doing here is probably in a so-called "juristical grey zone" and besides, we're working on/for technical and informational/educational purposes. Bios modding is (considering world-wide activity) no mass-method and companies haven't yet taken any juristic action against bios modding (many other activating methods, most of them "soft mods" are still working)...

But pirated software is illegal in most jurisdictions - so we ban it. And we don't want to get a warez forum. There are many other places but MDL isn't one of these.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    We have to restrict to get the forum useful. Therefore we have to define contents that aren't allowed. Call it warez......
    It can seem to somebody that there is no concept or censorship. But we have good reasons why we do so and we always have an open ear to think about.
    Hazar's remove WAT is a self made tool and approach and not a piece of software which has got a copyright. Yes it can be used to do illegal activities, but that's up to the user.
    I invite everybody who wants to post a link to software to ask first. I'm sure we will find a understandable solution.

9. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    New: no lockerz invitations.

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  11. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Im sorry Tito but as you quoted , "No torrents no exceptions". Torrent links will be removed im afraid.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    As tito said
    are torrent links they should be removed also.

13. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It has the following lines: "The fastest way to download Windows 7 is using BitTorrent, which is a P2P protocol that allows file sharing........" and has the link of torrents since a long time. I dont want to request to remove them. I just want that I will be allowed to add Win XP torrent links, as they are 100% clean, virus free, adware free {bla bla bla}

14. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I think it's ok as long as the source is reliable...

15. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    So, I think that I can now post them......

16. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Sorry, I'm new here, what I really wanna say if someone had made some tools or application, please RESPECT, otherwise BEHAVE, if u can do better than the starter , prove it, not just write some hatred or cynical words that wouldn't give any SOLUTION. Thx!

17. ennio

ennio Guest

What are talking about? This thread or generally?

18. ar_seven_am

Mar 7, 2010
    #18 ar_seven_am, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
    Generally offcourse, I guess we must thx to people who share their knowledge rather then flatters with cynical words, right? Sorry, my kids breaks my eyeglasses n I guess I've made some confusion here, sorry again!

19. ennio

ennio Guest

OK. But, I must tell you that in some threads that is justified, because many members here won't search before posting. For many others you are correct, but just for the info many time it is provoked.

20. ar_seven_am

Mar 7, 2010
    Yupz, sorry, still searchin for the broken glass n I half blind here, sorry, n sorry too if i've mistakenly typing, PEACE!!!