30-days left for activation [Win Server 2003 Standard Ed]

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by submarenuhon, Sep 22, 2012.

1. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    hi all :)

i've been registering to different forums hoping that my issue will be solve. in fact, how i wish that this will be my last stop in consistently registering just to have an answer to my problem :(

any way, here's how it goes: :fish2:

after i run System Recovery which is Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, it now requires me to activate ..

as of now, i'm puzzled since it hadn't accepted the CD-key i used to supplied during the installation process. i've been using my Operating System for almost 3-years already as i'm learning Active Directory, as well, Domain Controller at home.

however, last week it hung-up and even i tried to go into Safe Mode or the so called run in the Last Known Good Config still to no avail....

i just didn't reformat it yet since i was able to revived by running Recovery through setup CD installer. but after i was able to logon the "key"- icon which states that i have only 30-days left for activation popup .

i arrived or reach on this forum as the answer on the thread i read link to this forum which i found out to be education and helpful in someways.
    i'm taking my chances than be locked in my own computer and hoping to be enlighten all these as my days are number

2. cucu007

cucu007 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    If you are just worry about the activation, use a SLP loader and move on, hopefully the activation issue is the only problem you are experiencing. At this point you should be considering upgrading to Server 2008 R2 at least since you are been pushed two releases behind at this point.

3. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    SLP loader

hello cucu007 ;)

and thanks for dropping-by, as well, giving some inputs into my inquiry :thumbsup:

however, what does SLP loader means? and how does it works?? :confused:

sorry really but i don't know much of the term. i also tried to search it in here but looks like their are plenty from the lists o_O

as of now, though it's not only my main problem of my computer but it's the immediate concern i want to resolve as it's already 29-days for activation (from it's KEY-icon in the taskbar) :eek:

likewise, i just can't easily migrate to Server 2008 R2 considering that the specs of my computer is not that fast enough for the said OS. here is the specs:

Asus P5KPL-AM EPU motherboard

Pentium Dual Core E5500 @ 2.80 GHz CPU

2G RAM

1G NVIDIA video card

Seagate HD (1T) x 3 multiple deck

so with those kind of specs, except for the video card & HD part i think it's only good for the Win Server 2003 SE. i'm really planning to move to Server 2008 R2 but perhaps only after i add 4G RAM (2G RAM each x 2) :rolleyes:

hope you can give more inputs and the steps or procedure itself about SLP loader :worthy:

4. cucu007

cucu007 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    Check your PM and let us know if that work.

5. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    #6 submarenuhon, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    (OP)
    27-days left for activation (cramming)

hello sebus .. and cucu007

looks like i have to start it from scratch then, just hoping i wouldn't reach that max limit or locked-up as i have only 27-days left for activation. i guess i really need to double time

however, is their no other way aside from Run or command (cmd) prompt which i can possibly execute like an activator?

i'm sure that sebus only wants me to become a professional also which is a good way of learning as well but somehow, i may not be able to come up with the expectations. i don't belittle myself but i'm not that expert much more i'm not a programmer.

i'm using Win Server 2003 SE as mentioned since i want to learned Active Directory and Domain Controller. knowing those stuff doesn't need to be a programmer, right. it's only an added advantage. my family is also using the computer as we divide the time in a day on which our preferable time ..

i'm using it for some kind of Administrator-ways and my family used it for games especially during night time. hoping that i wouldn't go that far in knowing everything or i may study all these subjects but not in the way that somehow someone is catching me up which is the number of days left for activation.

sebus if you can share me step-by-step or procedure that is meant only for Win Server 2003 SE i'm sure that would be great. besides, i know it's not too much to ask as i'm eager to learn but i'm not that fast learner or a good catcher

by the way, is their an activator for Win Server 2003 SE?

once again, thanks for the assist from the bottom of my heart :worthy:

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I was hoping you can at least read.....

Mod BIOS (as ask somebody to do it for you), run BIOS changer, job done. 15 minutes all in all

sebus

7. submarenuhon

submarenuhon MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2012
    #8 submarenuhon, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    (OP)
    26-days left for activation (worried) :(

hello sebus :)

thanks really for keeping up-to-date my post. and actually, i already read the posts or links that you've pointed. it's just that though i asked for help but i'm a little bit hesitant to do the tasks as it's always in my mind that it may corrupt my OS or that my system will not run normally after those steps are made o_O

please don't get me wrong but those codes or lines are not too familiar with me. i'm not really into programming and i'm too dependent on GUI-ready .exe resolver :confused:

nevertheless, is this the link you want me to run:

it's an .iso file so what will be my next step after downloading all the files? :(

thanks really for helping and guiding me always. cheers! :worthy: