3D Modeling

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Jaksxker, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Jaksxker

Jaksxker MDL Junior Member

Jan 18, 2014
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. Jaksxker

Jan 18, 2014
    Thank you, but it makes the texture itself as the first 3D model respectively in a separate software? Or is it creates on polygon?
    Thank you

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry, I couldn't really help you here.

But I do believe that the creation of textures for 3D are very different if it comes to static objects and/or animated objects like humans or animals. For static objects the use of an drawing or paint apps would be fine, like Car or Airplane etc. but for moving objects. For moving objects may it need to be done in apps like Maya, Autodesk etc and I think the most complicated task would be to keep the proportions in the right manner all times to show reality!

Again, I'm not able to help you here, I use 3D mainly for to create animated 3D Text for Websites and other graphical layouts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jabbawok

jabbawok MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2009
    Not really sure if you're asking how to create the UV map, or how to color it. If the latter the TurboSquid links states:

7. Jaksxker

Jan 18, 2014
    Sorry, wrong I will explain. When I create a polygon man in Maya, so where did I take the texture? To look like a real man.

8. jabbawok

jabbawok MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2009
    Sorry I still don't understand your question. I haven't used Maya but I'm pretty sure you can either create a UV map and paint on it in either Maya or import into Photoshop, Gimp, MS Paint etc. Or Paint directly on the model using different projection options, just like with Bodypaint. I think your best bet would be to look at some video tutorials on Youtube or something. That's one of the best ways to learn 3D. I'm by no means an expert. But your question made me search Youtube and I found several Maya tutorials on both the above methods within seconds. In the links you posted it was hand painted. So the texture came from the artist's brain & skill, if that's what you're asking :)

9. Jaksxker

Jan 18, 2014
    thank you very much, I needed to know. But I should have one more question. I have Adobe Photoshop CS6, but I do not there option 3D, why?
    Thank you

10. jabbawok

jabbawok MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm not sure as I haven't played with the 3D stuff in Photoshop. You don't need it to paint on a UV map as you export it from Maya as a 2D image, eg Tiff, png etc.

11. Jaksxker

Jan 18, 2014
    Ok :D Thank you guys

12. Jaksxker

Jan 18, 2014
    How do I put a texture on the downloaded 3D model in Maya 2015? It is also a video on Youtube?
    Thank you

13. jones4468

jones4468 MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2014
    the textures you point to are not created in the 3d program but in photoshop or some other image editor, either from procedurally generated images or by digital painting or from chopping up bits of photos and altering those. my recommendation for 3d software is blender which is a free download, gimp is a free photo editor to make those sort of textures.