A new tool for ASUS AMI bioses with FC module to remove SLP2.0 revision

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Yen, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1 Yen, Jul 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    Can it be used on other ami bios's still or does this one only work on the slp2.0 bioses?

3. hellohello

hellohello MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    Hi Yen, you know I am new in this.

Can you explain more about what the tool does? From what I get is for Asus AMI bioses with FC module.

How do I know if the bios has FC module? And what is SLP2.0 revision and how to know it? Does this work for other Asus AMI or only for those with FC module + SLP2.0 revision? Hope those questions dont annoy you lol. Thanks

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Don't mix up the revision of SLP2.0 rule of Asus with SLP2.0 itself!!!

Asus prevented SLIC to work by inserting SLIC into FC module and called that revised SLP2.0 rule. You can read that at changelog of bios.
    Remember that this was one of the first mod methods provided by Aneo at February. (FC-mod).
    First bios with that revised rule was ASUS P5B 1405 and we broke that (see topic) using superstatic and restore ASUSTEK........string

This tool is for AMI ASUS bioses with FC module only. The tool checks itself if the bios has got FC module or not. (You can check by yourself by opening with mmtool 3.12).
    This tool is mainly for people who are interested in different ways to mod.

The advantage is: You don't get a "mod" practically, you get a bios with SLIC such as ASUS is providing, cause you remove their restriction.
    SLIC is again in FC module (which is usually reserved for oem's) and is know to remain after a Asus-update. It's called FC-mod.

It does:
    1, fixes "ASUSTEK........." string in BIOS
    2) changes RSDT and XSDT OEMID / OEMTABLEID in 1b module
    3) changes SLIC to full SLIC
    4) changes HEX "2E8A073C007431" to "2E8A073C007421" in 1b module
    5) allows to insert SLP1.0 for windows xp activation as well

The No.1 tool for the public is his v3 tool. It is for all AMI bioses with core v8 (to open with mmtool 3.12).

I didn't want to keep back that tool. Try to experiment with....;)

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. hellohello

hellohello MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    Thanks Yen. I understand it already. I tried to open 2 different bios one with FC module and the other one with no FC module.

I used the older automatic v3 tool to mod the one with FC module. It is done but with warning. I guess it is no good.

Then, I used the newer that is this tool to mod the one with FC module. It is done without warning. Guess that is why this tool is needed. Time to update my post :)

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The warning that there is SLIC already is a information. The v3 tool will work anyway, if there is only a incomplete SLIC.

7. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Thanks Yen for this wonderful tool

Thanks Yen and Zhaoliang for this wonderful tool.

With 2 tools to mod AMI BIOSes, I am beginning to believe that AMI BIOSes are easier to mod than Phoenix or Award ones.

8. bugmenot

bugmenot MDL Novice

May 30, 2007
    I'm having an issue using either program to modify an Asus P5K Deluxe 0501 BIOS file. It opens fine in the program, choose Dell_Oem for XP, and Asus for Slic2, then click go. No errors, 2 green boxes, but there's no file. It renames the original to .BAK, and when done, that's the only file left. Comparing to an unmodded BIOS using FC/B, they're the same. Where's it storing the modded file? I copy the original to the directory containing either Ami-FC10 or AMISLIC3. Very strange. Any ideas?

9. SharkCB

SharkCB MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2007
    #9 SharkCB, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
    According to my BitDefender IS v10.2 is this rapidshare file infected with worm Win32.Worm.Nuj.A and therefore is download disabled by antivirus! What are reporting another AV's ?

10. psi

psi MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Maybe Yen help me with this doubt

In the case of P5B Bios that have FC module, revised by ASUS, we must use this tool or the V3 tool???

Thanks

11. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I may be able to help you.

Please let me have the exact name of your motherboard, model name and the BIOS revision number.

With the above complete information, I will be able to answer your question.

12. psi

psi MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Hi Wonder Woman

The board is Asus P5B and the BIOS version is the last one, version 1604.

Thanks

13. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman MDL Member

Jun 5, 2007
    #13 Wonder Woman, Aug 8, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
    Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I've checked on Asus website concerning your product and yes, you can use the tool mentioned in post #1. Just download it by clicking on the link provided by Yen.

Then just double-click on the file. It will ask you for the location of your BIOS version 1604 file. Point to it and apply the patch. Then copy the patched/modded BIOS on to a floppy disk. You must have another bootable floppy disk with you. Restart your PC with the floppy disk and boot into DOS. Flash/update your modded BIOS with the commands given by Yen (see post #1).

After flashing/updating your motherboard with the modded/patched BIOS, restart your PC and boot into Windows Vista Ultimate.

Remember: this tool is only for Asus motherboards which have AMI BIOSes. Phoenix or Award BIOSes aren't supported by this tool.

Good luck :)

14. psi

psi MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Thanks Wonder Woman

15. WeAreNotAlone

WeAreNotAlone MDL Member

Aug 31, 2007
    AVG + Symantec Anti Virus not showing anything... Scanned before and after files extracted.

16. some111

some111 MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2007
    Hi WW. I have the exact mobo (P5B) and I recently upgraded the bios from 1102 (modified) to 1604, and the system has gone to "Tryal" mode immediately. I wish to downgrade the version but couldn't, after having tried the Update Util and Afudos and EZflash.
    Now I wish to mod this 1604 and very happy to see this thread. Can you please tell me where I can find the "patch" and how to apply it to the original bios?
    Thanks in advance!

17. some111

some111 MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2007
    Hi, I found the right tool from the sticky session, and followed everything stated there, and re-flashed the modded bios. Everything is cool now. Thanks a lot, folks!

18. motaba

motaba MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2007
    can anyone tell me.........
    if i have a ami asus bios with fc module and modded it with the new tool mentioned in this thread.....

do i have to use afudos or can i use ezflash2.

also with afudos, the book just says to type "afudos/ i[bios name]".

but yen says to type "Afudos /ixxxx.rom /pbnc /n"

whats with adding the "/pbnc /n" ??

cheers

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hi,

this is a result of our experiences regarding reliability. USE Afudos!!

- ezflash2 could complain about checksum and won't flash the mod.
    - a flash from a DOS level is always the better way
    - Afudos is a very safe reliable DOS tool
    - for bioses without the FC module use Afudos /ixxxx.rom syntax
    - for bioses with FC module use Afudos /ixxxx.rom /pbnc /n syntax

This command flashes ALL parts of the bios and clears cmos as well.

The chance to get a bad flash is higher with Asusupdate generally. I don't recommend Asusupdate, no matter what bios you want to update.