4GB or more RAM in Windows 8 x86 WORKING SOLUTION Edit: FOR INTEL PROCESSORS

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by rajkabul, Dec 8, 2012.

1. rajkabul

rajkabul MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    #1 rajkabul, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    Andrea Allievi of itsec.it has
    developed a specific bootkit that patches on-the-fly the Windows kernel and changes that specific value. Here is the proof, I have applied it on my Windows 8 x86 system:

4GB.jpg

Here goes download link, if anyone like to test it

http // www . itsec . it / download / BootkitInstaller.zip

Remove spaces to download the file OR someone else post the link. Cause my post count is less than 20.. I cannt post links..
    :yucky:

2. technomaster

technomaster MDL Junior Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Not Working .... I've 4GB ram but my OS is using 3GB ram after ur tool apply still not changing anything ...... :confused::(

3. rajkabul

rajkabul MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    Its working for me mate. Have U rebooted Yr system after applying this? As already said its AA tool not mine..

4. technomaster

Nov 4, 2012
    yeah man i reboot my lappy .... I test this tool on another lappy same result

5. rajkabul

rajkabul MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    Try one thing. Run this with admn rights. If still fails, badluck mate.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. bmurphr1

bmurphr1 MDL Junior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I feel pretty confident the only thing this hack does is enable PAE so that you can supposedly use all of the memory in your system, but single processes are still limited to ~3GB or so. These days though, there is no excuse at all to be running the x86 version of Windows 8...none. It might use a tad more RAM and/or resources but any computer that can run Win8 undoubtedly will have 64bit OS support. Even crappy netbooks with 1.6ghz Intel Atom CPUs are x64 capable.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    HM....?! Again I've run that for some few years on 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate with mainly 8GB ( 1 Laptop and 2 Computer), 16GB on an 6 Core and 32 GB on an Windows 7 Pro which than were changed to Server 2008. All worked just fine. Don't know it has anything to say but all were AMD's! Never was run on an Intel PC.

Question: did you got the Bootmanager at booting asking for with or without Ramblock? Also: did your computer used internal/build in Graphic card?

Just to add: This Tool were for Windows 7 only and NOT for Windows 8!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. rajkabul

rajkabul MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    This bootkey by AA support upto 64GB RAM on Intel Processors Mate + On x86 system there are several fold softs comparing x64

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There was a reason for to use Windows 7 32bit instead of 64bit a few years ago. At those time we were still using some quite old software which we couldn't run on 64bit Windows in x86 mode, it were still not working. Meanwhile we'd changed all of that old Apps to new editions and there isn't any need for to run 32bit OS any more.

Just as a side note, we still running by one customer 2 386 machines, connected to CNC Machine. And they will run maybe a few years more!! To change to new systems, would cost a few millions because it would also need to change the CNC machines as well! The designers, who are working in those company for to do the design works for the Mould's etc., worked on very old drawing Apps and even after a year of changing some of that Apps to new editions, they're still in the process of migrating the old drawings and data to the new formats because those drawings and data are still needed.

Apps like that Memory Unlock tool were not only very useful, it were also needed, at that time!

It's sometimes not easy to change some system, or it involves a huge investment, something which have to be done very carefully! Special today's business ia very tough and it's difficult for many, special smaller companies for to free up the required money for to do the changes.

11. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Probably its just a "makeup" patch, where it said that you have 4GB but in reality you have 3GB max memory to use. I dont know why someone with 4GB would use a x86 OS. That OS is 'reserved' to machines with 2GB or less, there is no reason, at all to use a 'patch' and fool the system. Now if we are talking about software like Office, yea, there you could use the x86 version because you wont use a file of +4GB, for sure.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Outlook's PST files in x86 breaking down while exceeding 2.1GB!! MS never changed the filesize limit for outlook up to 2010 afaik.

13. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    The only PC I still use x86 on is for my USB TV tuner, a Hauppauge Win-TV PVR-USB2, which there is no 64-bit driver for unfortunately. However, I'm working on being able use it in Hyper-V on my 8GB laptop, along with a USB over Network or USB over Remote Desktop solution.

14. technomaster

Nov 4, 2012

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I wrote a few times: The tool I posted the link to, is for Windows 7 only and NOT for Windows 8!

16. shakennstirred

shakennstirred MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2011
    #17 shakennstirred, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    been using 64bit since 2007 without problems
    32bit should have died with win XP

cant see this hack making any real difference in real world

4GB is x86 architecture limitation and it also includes the ram on your graphic card
    so a pc with a 512mb graphic card and 4gb ram cant use all 4.5 gb
    that why it shows 3.5gb max and not 4gb it doesn't show the ram used on the graphic card

also if you running win7 64bit and have hardware or software that wont run in 64bit, download and use Microsoft's XP mode

17. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
  18. alien2xx

alien2xx MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2009
    People still uses 32 bit OS (x86) for so many reasons (and companies as well), one for instance is if you have a perfectly good working laser printer with no support for 64bit drivers (like Minolta, brother, etc).. for this reason you just not going to toast the printer (expensive) to the trash so you still use x86 OS... I know people that have not moved to 64bit just to incur to a unnecessary expense... which is understandable with this economy... if you already have perfectly working equipment...

19. stelistcristi

stelistcristi MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2011
    Works for me! Thank you, bro! ;)