64Bit GPT/EUFI installation WinSLIC & Windows Boot Manager

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by loting, Oct 23, 2015.

1. loting

loting MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    Hello all, I came here in search of solutions and so far I have come to the right place. But now I ran into a problem;

I installed Win7 to a samsung XP941 M2 SSD and used WinSLIC to get it activated, so far so good and all went succesfull.

Yet when I rebooted the system I noticed Win7 complained about activation again, so I digged trough my system and found out that: Whatever I do, Windows Boot Manager keeps changing my BIOS's boot order to set itself to number 1, effectively rendering WinSLIC ineffective, unless I manually choose it during boot.

The mainboard is an ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Killer with BIOS 1.30.

Do I need to change a simple setting that I seem to be unable of finding? Or do I need to flash my BIOS with a modded version (which I already obtained here on the forums).

Thanks in advance.

2. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Did you ever try to install a VL version of Windows 7 (ex : Windows 7 Pro VL, or Windows 7 entreprise), and KMS's activated-it, no more WinSLIC needed, just a idea.

windsman.

3. loting

loting MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2015
    @windsman, that would'nt solve the problem it would simply bypass it. That would force me to again do a clean install and my available time is limited to fiddle around with my computer. So yes, I thought about it and I declined it, it would simply cost me too much time.

And maybe just maybe it's also about personal gratification to have done it the hard way instead of using the easy way as an escape.

(I'm too busy nowadays to spend a full day tweaking, I finally built and finalized my new setup in a period of 2 weeks.)

4. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    I've you already Flash you're bios since you've Windows 7 installed, you should try-it.

windsman.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    remove WinSLIC and Flash with the modded bios.