Windows 7 RTM OEM Leaked!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Killermax, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byghtn3

byghtn3 MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I don't think this is really similar to MD5 hash

2. byghtn3

Jun 10, 2009
    #122 byghtn3, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
    I know that 1 bit difference will generate a different hash, therefor the data between the 2 can not actually be identical, maybe functionally identical, but not bit for bit identical, which is what I expect when trying to compare supposedly "THE SAME" data

Possibly I need to learn more about MD5, SHA1, and the others to really appreciate what goes into the calculation.
    Any links to such an explanation?? In specific regards to windows type files & folders.

3. JFMuggs

JFMuggs MDL Member

Jan 13, 2009
    There's a multitude of reasons why the results of two ISO images created (or modified) with supposedly identical files don't come out byte-for-byte identical, yet both create fully compliant (i.e. functional/working) discs that do exactly what they're supposed to.

The restulting Retail vs OEM discs we're talking about here differ ONLY in a single file: ei.cfg

4. byghtn3

Jun 10, 2009
    #124 byghtn3, Jul 27, 2009
    Is it really this simple? Does WINDIF really compare everything? Missing files in 1 or extra files in the other? Version 2 vs version 2.01? Time stamps? Attributes? Or just Filename & Size? How detailed is the comparison windif makes?

Not trying to argue, just tyring to understand as fully as I can.

Maybe I need to do research on WINDIF?

Thanks for your patience.

5. byghtn3

Jun 10, 2009
    #125 byghtn3, Jul 27, 2009
    I think computers alphabatize the same way (a-z aaa-zzz etc), and count to 10 the same way, I think winzip or winrar will find the slack space and repeating characters the same way everytime, so why would poweriso calculate 1 way this time on this data and a completely different way next time? That is like saying a computer does not count to 10 the same way every time. I dont understand. Emotional people do the same thing differently from time to time, I just dont see computers doing the same thing differently from time to time, unless what they are doing is actually different somehow, or is being affected by some outside influence--such as a malfunctioning memory chip or faulty program in the beginning.

6. will5

will5 MDL Senior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    I was saying that when installed vista retail, it took the oem activation process, so maybe win7 works the same way, and retail/oem just depend on key, not iso. :)

7. JFMuggs

JFMuggs MDL Member

Jan 13, 2009
    WINDIFF is from Microsoft's Windows Resource Kit. It does a binary comparison of the contents of files as well as their time stamps. It will also note whether a file exists on one side but not the other. It will even note that while the files contents are equal, their time stamps differ. It will search through sub-folders, so "WINDIFF I:\ J:\" will compare the entire contents of drives I and J. It gives a very trustworthy report of ANY differences. I've been using it almost daily for years and it's never let me down.

About the only interesting aspect of an ISO image (and the resulting CD/DVD burned from it) that won't show up by comparing the contents of it with WINDIFF or something similar is bootability.

Hash values will tell you if two things are 100% byte-for-byte identical. That's all. Two ISO images made (or modified) from totally identical files will almost certainly have different hash values. This can be caused by creation times embedded in the ISO image that aren't readily visible, unused areas in the ISO image that were left with random values from the memory area they were created in, plus many other explanations, none of which make any difference or cause any problems. Ignoring bootability, if WINDIFF says the contents of two ISO images are identical file-wise, then they are identical from a functionality/operational standpoint.

8. byghtn3

Jun 10, 2009
    Maybe you are right, I'm pretty far from being an expert. Does WINDIF tell you the actual differences or just that they are different. If it is the latter, do you know a program that will show the actual differences?

9. JFMuggs

JFMuggs MDL Member

Jan 13, 2009
    #129 JFMuggs, Jul 27, 2009
    WINDIFF does show the differences, but as text and not as hex values. If the contents of the files are text, then it provides an excellent display of the actual differences. If the contents are not text, then the differences displayed are usually meaningless.

To display the differences of two non-text files, your can use the DOS command FC (FC /b file1 file2).

10. Outkast1

Outkast1 MDL Junior Member

Nov 11, 2007
    #130 Outkast1, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    Error
    This file is suspected to contain illegal content and has been blocked. After the file has been blocked for 7 days it will automatically be deleted, if the block is not removed by

RapidShare. For this reason, a download of this file is currently not possible.

Does anyone have any good links? Thanks

11. yammik

yammik MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2008
    Thanks much :)

12. tuidayne

tuidayne MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2010
    MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.ULTIMATE.7600.16385.RTM.X86.OEM.ENGLISH.DVD

( 7600.16385.090713-1255_x86fre_client_en-us_OEM_Ultimate-GRMCULFREO_EN_DVD.iso )

mediafire.com/file/r5b7a50zj41l3bt/t2046078.torrent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.ULTIMATE.7600.16385.RTM.X64.OEM.ENGLISH.DVD

( 7600.16385.090713-1255_x64fre_client_en-us_OEM_Ultimate-GRMCULXFREO_EN_DVD.iso )

Torrent:

mediafire.com/file/toxt6r4kwai9dtf/t2046055.torrent

13. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    why do u still bother? there is already official windows 7 repository..the last post is 1 year ago dude..this thread should be closed