Installing Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dazzer9535, Jul 29, 2009.

1. dazzer9535

dazzer9535 Guest

Hi, first post here and I must say what a wealth of info, I belong to other forums aswell but they pale in comparison to the knowledge here, I have been lurking but now its time for a post, here goes.

Ok im trying to install Vista using a Install DVD with all the variations of Vista on the DVD, I can install Vista up but upon reboot Vista tells me the product key is wrong upon activation (the letters are smudged).

So I have re-installed again using a different key and the same error appears, I do have a legit COA but I cant install Vista Home Basic on a Compaq C700 well a C74OEM to be precise.

Does anyone know how to help me as I have a £400 brick at the moment, I have been reading about OEM keys, is this the route I should take? and if so how do I go about this.

HP wont help me even after £8 on mobile phone calls :(

Thank You. :)

2. dazzer9535

dazzer9535 Guest

412 people viewing this forum and no replies ah well :D

3. dazzer9535

dazzer9535 Guest

It seems my first post may of been over ambitious.

Oh well the search for a forum with people in the know continues.

4. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Your question maybe just fell back too fast...activity in here is really high, especially regarding Win7 etc.

If you have your sticker and all that, maybe you can go to a shop and show someone your problem.
    But there is not much to do about that, I think.

Is there no way of maybe guessing the letters?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dazzer9535

dazzer9535 Guest

I think I maybe ok, Ive installed XP on a the C74OEM laptop, had an issue with sound but thats fixed now, sorry for being a bit off earlier :rolleyes:

This is a busy forum I had to bump my woes somehow, thing is its only 17months old and PCW are hopeless, and HP may do a replacement.

Cheers :)