7 Loader no longer works?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DeadMan, Apr 17, 2010.

1. DeadMan

DeadMan MDL Junior Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I had a system problem so had to reinstall Ultimate 64 from scratch (Well I only reinstalled it but did not wipe the drive since I had some stuff on the drive I had no backup of yet).

Anyhow now when I try to run the Daz loader (any version) it says 'Unsupported OS' and gives no options (Everything is greyed out).

I have used Hazar's OPen Source activator but since my BIOS is SLIC2.1 to Dell and worked fine before I cannot see why this would be the case unless during the reinstall the installer popped in a block on the Daz prog.

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    uhm ofcourse 7loader works, "everyone's" using it.

Running build 7600?

3. fckgw

fckgw MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2010
    i remember that using the repair install on xp created more problems than the ones that you were trying to fix, maybe the repair installation on 7 created problems with the activation thing (WAT or whatever it's called).
    imho there is a problem with your setup, since i used successfully 7 loader 1.7.7 on a ultimate x64 with a modded dell 2.1 slic and a professional x64 on a "genuine" dell 2.1 (QA09)

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Back up your stuff - format the drive - clean install - then if it doesn't work you can post again.

PS - I doubt we'll see a re-post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I don't think so because he said he installed Ultimate x64 and "Ultimate" has nothing to do with XP.

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Thats true ofcourse :)

Hm xp/7 ultimate dualboot perhaps ?

8. computergeek

computergeek MDL Junior Member

Feb 14, 2010
    This is one of the reasons why i don't use loaders lol. I am always afraid that they would mess up my Bios.

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #11 timesurfer, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
    lol...A loader doesn't even touch the BIOS...lol It sits in boot partition and then registers in memory as fake slic 2.1 then key and cert is added...lol

Only in flashing is there risk except for the occasional restart problem caused by loaders:)

10. DeadMan

Aug 11, 2009
    Well I installed Ultimate 64 on an unwiped drive so am wondering if MS has something in their installation routine now (Pulled from online during install and I clearly recall it saying it would check for online updates) that recognises the loader code somehow. I had previously used an older build of the Daz loader to activate using the Dell SLIC 2.1 BIOS method (Not using a loader) on the previous install which Win7 moved to C:\Windows.old when I reinstalled it (Did not choose upgrade option).

11. DeadMan

Aug 11, 2009
    Nope. Ultimate 64 was previously installed on a brand spanking new Samsung F3 1TB drive. No trace of XP or anything else.

12. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #14 Daz, Apr 18, 2010
    If that actually is Windows 7 you're running then it's not a legit version.

1) The UI is wrong, it only ever has the close button.
    2) Theres no way the loader can say it's Windows XP, it pulls the string from the system meaning your systems been tampered with.

If you can take a screenshot of the System Information (msinfo32.exe) window as well as the System window (within System and Security).

13. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah, its XP hacked to look like 7.

14. The_Spider

The_Spider MDL Member

Aug 23, 2009
  15. DeadMan

Aug 11, 2009
    #17 DeadMan, Apr 18, 2010
    (OP)
    OK guys here is the score. The problem was I was running it from within Total Commander. As soon as I ran it in Explorer it shows up correctly. The Win7 is a valid ISO and the checksum is fine. The problem was Total Commander. I also use Ultramon which alters the toolbars so ignore that.

Anyhow here is the coo. I have updated my BIOS to 1406 for P5N-E SLI with the Asus SLIC 2.1 cert as provided on the BIOS mods thread in this forum. However after applying the Asus cert in 7 loader 1.7.9 and serial it says it is activated. But it's not. 7 loader says it's untouched and not activated in the test it does and properties for Win7 says it has 29 days left. So something is borked there. I ended up using RemoveWAT 2.2 because I really cannot be bothered with this right now. I will wipe as soon as I have time to do it as I have a lot of stuff to reinstal/restore and it's already blown most of my weekend messing about with this and a possible faulty memory stick.

BTW is there a way to test if the BIOS has SLIC 2.1 installed correctly? there is always the chance the modded BIOS is not in fact a modded BIOS (The person who supplied it put it in a folder called modded but you never know mistakes happen).

16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I am not sure about bios testing unless you make one yourself lol. As for Total Commander, I would not run any loaders or cracks within that program. I would always use standard proceedure with those cause they are specifically designed for that.

17. DeadMan

Aug 11, 2009
    Ran the SLIC 2.1 BIOS cleaning method (as described in link above) and then installed the modded BIOS. Ran the Loader from Explorer and applied the Asus cert. All activated and working fine now :)