7 Loader Orbit30 & Hazar v1.2 *Stoped working*

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by fidof650, May 19, 2010.

1. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    I have been using 7 Loader Orbit30 & Hazar consistently since last October without fail.

I am constantly building and rebuilding systems so I have an installation (bootable) flash drive that has Win 7 RTM / Win 7 Loader and various other programs, drivers, etc. that I use frequently.

I have literaly used this thing 2-3 times a week for the past several months with out fail until last night....

I recently bought a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 motherboard, a Phenom II X4 965 CPU, and OCZ AMD BE Memory and had them up and running with Win 7 activated and genuine on a dedicated drive and a second drive for storage.

Because this system was having issues with memory I purchased a second identical mobo and some Mushkin memory to try and trouble shoot the problem.

I initially swapped out the memory with positive results (improved stability) but I wanted to see if I could do better with the other mobo so I switched it out. It was late at this point so out of laziness I punted on the fresh install and just let it boot with optimal defaults BIOS settings.

Predictably, Win 7 took issue with this so I quickley decided to hunker down and do a fresh install.

So I deleted and formatted the drive for the install and went ahead like business as usual but, after the first attempt I got the black screen (unauthentic).

Second attempt: loader would install OEM information but would not activate.

I stayed up all night trying different things like installing from a dvd, disconnecting the second drive, + - disconnecting the internet, + - running as administrator, and every other thing I could think of under the sun.

No matter what I tried I was left with 30 days left to activate windows. When I tried to activate via link I was told that the key was invalid.

I'm at my wits end, like I said I use this all the time with-out fail....

Any suggestions?

2. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Thanks, I'll give that a try after work and report my results here.

3. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Any insight into what may have caused the problem?

4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    The loader is considered outdated in dealing with WAT update and no longer activates Windows 7

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The WAT update killed off the old loaders because they were rather easy to spot, allot of them didn't place the SLIC very well. The newer versions I offer work and should continue to do so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    When did the WAT killing update take place?

It must have just been recently because I used my old set-up just a few days ago...

Can it be identified and removed? I ask because I have 6 other systems using the same loader and I want to be able to protect them.

Looking forward to trying yours though, it sounds... err... slick :D

BTW: Props Daz for staying on top of things.

7. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It went out to some people yesterday I beleive, anyone with automatic updates enabled would have had it installed.

KB971033 is the update, it's not essential at all and once you're validate you should be good to go anyway. What I should point out is that to become genuine again you have to have it installed, once you have passed the WAT test and your system is then no longer marked as non-genuine then you can uninstall it :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I think people should be encouraged to uninstall it - it seems to be "learning" - well reporting more types of loaders - a friend had been running happily with an older Daz loader since October last year but this week it was flagged as non genuine.

The less help we give M$ the better.

9. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #10 Daz, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
    That could be due to the SLIC placement or if it wan't an encrypted version of the GRUB. It's hard to say at this point but if WAT is starting to look for a pattern then we will see that in future updates, I do however have my own workaround which puts an end to WAT's snooping :)

10. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    #11 fidof650, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
    (OP)
    I found a solution to my original issue.

I had a system w/o a HDD sitting in a corner in my office so I installed Win 7 on my HDD using the second system without connecting it to the internet or installing drivers.

7 Loader Orbit30 & Hazar v1.2 worked like a charm again (just as it always had) and the new motherboard took the HDD transplant beautifully!!! Actually, I'm writing this post on it now.

I still want to give Daz's loader a try but, it was fun winning a round against M$!!!

Thanks again for the help!!!

11. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    M$ strikes back...

The 7 Loader Orbit30 & Hazar systems are dropping like flies today!!!

I'll be updating all with Daz's Loader tonight ;)

12. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Do I understand right - you knew the loader was detected by KB971003, you install a new system, use the same discredited loader, install kb971003 (or at least allow it to be installed) and discover its non genuine and are surprised.

I said it earlier - don't install KB971003 or if you have it get genuine and uninstall it.

We don't want to get into the stupid dance that happened with WGA for XP where you have to modify your system every few weeks (or whatever) because M$ issue a new validation check which needs to be corrected. They'll keep doing that ad-nauseum because, even if it doesn't stop piracy, it exposes pirated systems as pirated thus they get to keep faith with their stated objectives.

13. fidof650

fidof650 MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Nope... actualy the fresh install has been working like a charm since last night... It was the older installs that started dropping this morning.

I've since updated to Daz's loader and it worked great... Thanks!!! +rep