[Solved] MSToolkit Supported Office installation was not detected in the system

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by jjajja, Oct 9, 2016.

1. jjajja

jjajja MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2016
    New to this.
    Have had Office 2013 installed on laptop for months used MSToolkit activation - was working perfectly (same install and MStoolkit activation on home Desktop PC at same time - desktop still working perfectly).
    About 2 weeks ago the Microsoft message popped on screen saying not genuine and to register.
    I tried MS Toolkit 2.5 (which I used prior) selected office 2013, went to activation tab and AuotKMS is selected, but all options below and next to are grayed and not selectable - information console says: Supported Office installation was not detected in the system. I have downloaded and tried MSToolkits 2.5, 2.6 beta 1 through 6 - none see install - although Office is definitely installed and working.
    Office 2013 works but started 30 day countdown (about 14 days remaining) - I have followed direction to make sure I disabled completely antivirus, and any malware utilities, etc. same ...message not detected...
    Today I uninstalled office 2013 and cleaned my registry, reinstalled office 2013 again - MSToolkits still not detecting.
    Any suggestions?
    Sorry such a l ong note post.
    Thank you

2. jjajja

jjajja MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2016
    MSTK Uninstall and Reinstall Failed

10/09/16 - Thank you for such a quick reply - I did the MSTK uninstall and it eradicated the office installation - I also ran the set installer path and change channel on my setup file before reinstalling to make it a volume license (I read to do this in another place) - ran install, succeed - ran MSToolkit and it immediately recognized the install - I went through activation and it failed: below the is is the information console:

--Processing--------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    Installed product key detected - attempting to activate the following product:
    Name: Office 15, OfficeProPlusR_Grace edition
    Description: Office 15, RETAIL(Grace) channel
    Family: OfficeProPlusR_Grace
    SKU ID: 1b686580-9fb1-4b88-bfba-eae7c0da31ad
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: 27GXM
    ERROR CODE: 0xC004F017
    ERROR TEXT: The Software Licensing Service reported that the license is not installed.
    <Product activation failed>
    ----------------------------------------

I have also red that I may have to wipe my drive and do a clean install of win7, etc.. and want to avoid this if I can as my laptop is setup perfectly! (other than office)

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. jjajja

jjajja MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2016
    Thanks for such fast responses.

I used the ran the set installer path and change channel on my setup file before reinstalling to make it a volume license - but i guess it wasn't successful - I will run the MSTK Uninstaller again and then get the VL ISO and try it.

5. jjajja

jjajja MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2016
    Thank you for such quick response - I uninstalled, got a VL version and it worked perfectly.

I looked for Office 2013 VL and got it - it installed as Office 2016 - looks exactly the same but with a newer looking format.

Thanks again!