A little help with dual boot and Orbit/Hazar lo*der

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bloodbat, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Bloodbat

Bloodbat MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Hello.
    I just installed a dual booter with 7 and Vista and I'm using the 1.1 Hazar/Orbit collaboration lo*ader, somewhere here I read that in order for Vista to remain activated I had to change the certificate from the one I used to an HP one.
    I booted Vista after checking if 7 was activated (which it is, properly and forever according to slmgr) and, sure enough, it's no longer activated, I changed the certificate to the HP one I have and it doesn't activate, I also changed it to the one I extracted from hazar's original loader...it doesn't activate either.
    I need to keep this Vista for a while before I take the plunge and go 7 all the way, so I need it activated.
    Am I using the wrong certificates? If so, where can I get the right one?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards.

Bloodbat

2. shadman248

shadman248 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    i have the same problem
    my vista got deactivated afta i installed win 7
    plss i rellii need help on how to activate my vista
    i have used the hazar/orbit win7 loder 1.1
    thank u

3. Bloodbat

Bloodbat MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Yeah, I did change the key to the HP one, I'm not sure if I used the one you posted, but I did use the HP key I have. I'll try again with the HP key you posted...but just to clarify, which certificate should I use? The one from the Hazar lo*der or the HP one I have?

4. Bloodbat

Bloodbat MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    OK, Windows Vista seems to be reactivated (I say seems because I hope it won't break)
    How did it happen?
    Some minutes ago Hazar and Orbit released THEIR version of the 1.2 lo*der (the unofficial ones seem to be full of crap, from what I gather) that uses hazar's original code.
    So, I changed 1.1 for that one...and Vista automagically reactivated itself.
    What I'm using, hoping it helps someone else:
    Hazar/Orbit lo*der 1.2
    Hazar's original lo*der certificate (you can extract it from the .exe by opening with winrar or similar)
    The ASUS OEM Vista Ultimate key (it's in the Vista forums here)
    And that's about it.
    Both vista and 7 are activated and are non-expiring, according to slmgr.

Thanks to Jupier nonetheless for trying to help :)

Bloodbat

5. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #6 xinso, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Three things for activation

1. Product key
    2. SLIC
    3. Certificate that matches the SLIC

In dual-boot computer, both systems should use Certificate that matched the shared SLIC.

To conclude, if the SLIC on your computer is ASUS, then both Certificates used in Vista and Windows 7 must match the unique ASUS SLIC.

Example A:
    OA 2.1 SLIC: ASUS
    Vista Certificate: ASUS
    Windows 7 Certificate: HP
    Result: Vista activated. Windows 7 failed.

Example B:
    Vista Certificate: HP
    Windows 7: ASUS
    Result: Vista failed, Windows 7 activated.

Example C:
    Vista Certificate: ASUS
    Windows 7 Certificate: ASUS
    Result: both activated

Exceptional A:
    OA 2.1 SLIC: ACER
    Vista Certificate: Vista ACER
    Windows 7 Certificate: Vista ACER
    Result: Vista activated, Windows 7 failed - due to Vista ACER Certificate is not compatible with ACER's Windows 7 OA 2.1 SLIC.

Exceptional B:
    OA 2.1 SLIC: ACER
    Vista Certificate: Vista ACER
    Windows 7 Certificate: Windows 7 ACER
    Result: both activated

6. thibault

thibault MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    so if run the activator, i must install my old Windows Vista Medion certificate on my windows 7?

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Best way to do so is modding your bios and add slic 2.1 and a certification. :)

8. Bloodbat

Bloodbat MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    No, the other way around...install the new vista certificate from Hazar's lo*der into Vista.

I'm not too keen on that...I preffer softmods.

9. jkh334

jkh334 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I extracted the buzzard's cr**k via 7zip and then moved the Cert.XRM-MS file into the c: drive (not in a folder) and ran this in command line as administrator. It re-activated vista without even a reboot needed and left 7 activated as well.

slmgr -rilc (-releases cert)
    slmgr -ilc c:\Cert.xrm-ms (-applies cert)

Just running it wont work because there's typos the cr**k runs slmg instead of slmgr.

10. thibault

thibault MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Uninstall

so when you uninstall the loader, nor vista nor 7 are activated, to activate vista you must install the old Medion cert and giv it the Medion product key:confused:

11. Bloodbat

Bloodbat MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Yes, if you uninstall the loader, Vista will deactivate too (unless your BIOS has the Medion SLIC, in that case 7 deactivates, Vista reactivates when you insert the Medion certificate as per jkh334's instructions).
    I understand that in Vista's case the keys are not tied to a certificate (I'm using the Hazar lo*der certificate in Vista with an ASUS key...), the certificates are meant to be used together with a BIOS SLIC counterpart, the certificate and SLIC OEM names and such need to match; that's where the lo*ders come in, so, unless you wanna mod your BIOS, you need a lo*der with the correct SLIC/certificate pairings.
    From what I gather reading this forum, the old Vista lo*ders won't work with the new bootmanager (I could be wrong), so, you'll probably need to reinstall the old vista loader, though I don't know what doing that will do to 7 (it might or might not break it).

Bloodbat