8.1 boot loop please help!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Hunk_4TH, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Hunk_4TH

Hunk_4TH MDL Member

Aug 6, 2012
  2. lievre

lievre MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2012
    The black screen is normal, windows is loading. Now if i were you, i will check each of every component. Try to remove or unplug one at the time and start your computer. Remove one by one your memory also if you have more then one stick.

Lievre

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hunk_4TH

Hunk_4TH MDL Member

Aug 6, 2012
    You sure the black screen is normal? Never got that before. Anyway I haven't tried your suggestions yet but I did run Windows update and it found some updates just released installed those rebooted and I didn't get a boot loop. But if I do I'l report back.

4. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Yes the black screen is normal. many have that, the FASTER do not(they have a blink, but slower does, you might also check all the (DUH) you have installed. I found one Client (it seems to get slower every day)
    she installed a (auto on reboot, reg clean then defrag. yep it really was slower... many (100% make your system faster is really a SLOWER than hell to BOOT.

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Step one: Remove any A/V program
    Step two: Update your system to the most recent updates on WU
    Step three: Profit

6. sunilk

sunilk MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    your av may be set to scan for errors at system start , better check it:zwinker:

7. Krutonium

Krutonium MDL Senior Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I've had an issue like this, the computer will just sit there for ages, with no visible progress before it eventually manages to get to the login screen. The only solution I have ever found was to do a refresh when it started happening - or just not turning my computer off any more. Uptime FTW.

8. Hunk_4TH

Hunk_4TH MDL Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah seems fine atm. I'm using the built in defender. If I have any more problems I'll definitely report back.