Award & AMI Bios mod requests. Previous requests

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ancestor(v), Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revolz

revolz MDL Novice

May 16, 2008
  2. LaZBoy

LaZBoy MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2008
    Hi. I am a bit confused and hope someone here can enlighten me.

I have a Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 board which has AWARD BIOS. I found the already modded F3 bios for me here. I also downloaded the original BIOS from Gigabytes site to put on my recovery floppy incase something bad happens, and it comes with the flash utility called flash895.exe. This is where I am getting confused, the provided flash utility from GA´s site is NOT an AWARD flash util but an AMI BIOS flash util?? Atleast it says so when the GUI starts when I run the flash895.exe with no parameters?

A friend of mine flashed his GA mobo with the mentioned (flash895.exe) flash util today and it was succesfull. And also the recovery bios thread states that I should put AWDFLASH.EXE on my recovery floppy along with the autoexec.bat and the bios file. This is confusing to me, I have award bios but GA provide AMI-flasher with their bios:es and the recovery floppy uses Awdflash? What should I use on my recovery-floppy, GA´s provided util, or awdflash.exe as stated in the thread and which is not the same as GA provides???

tnx in advance

3. flagmax

flagmax MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    That tool is for AMI bios 8.00 and you have version 7 thats why it won't work. Hopefully someone whos been doing modding for a while will help you out.

4. firmware

firmware MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2008
  5. udomrat

udomrat MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2008
    #10812 udomrat, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  6. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    Can you please install and open ACPI Scope.
    Got to File-->Load ACPI Information-->From BIOS
    Save it as *.ats file and upload please.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. APEXi

APEXi MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2008
  9. Fzeven

Fzeven MDL Guru

May 8, 2007