Using Vistaloader 2.1.2 with Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shawnmos, Oct 27, 2007.

1. shawnmos

shawnmos MDL Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Hi, my friend has a Macbook Pro and just upgraded to leopard. He decided to try out bootcamp. I installed Vista for him and applied vistaloader 2.1.2. It appears to work, but it takes a while to boot because it hangs at the first 3 non-NTFS partitions before it finally finds Vista on the 4th partition.

Is there anyway I can modify the bootloader so that it doesn't try to check the first 3 partitions?

2. Low

Low MDL Novice

May 13, 2008
    I'm having this problem too. Vista Loader works, but it takes 2+ minutes to boot up Vista everytime cause it doesn't find the NTFS partition until after it hangs on the Mac partitions. Anyone know of a solution for this?

3. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    #3 petar, May 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VistaLoader

VistaLoader MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2008
    Hi!
    The same goes here.
    I would ask for your help with Vistaloader 2.1.x on Macbook Pro that I own.
    The activation stuff itself works ok with Vista Ultimate SP1 32 bit, but the execution of grub4dos related part on every boot is very slow - about 2 minutes or more before Vista starts loading. After that everything works fine.
    Macbook Pro is an apple x86 equipped by EFI instead of BIOS.
    So I think it uses some sort of BIOS emulation provided by a piece of software called BootCamp.
    This slow boot really pisses me off and I don't know what to do.
    If you have an access to the sources of the modified grub4dos and could provide some debug versions to me, I would be very happy to assist you and run those versions, so we could try to solve this problem.

Thanks much,

Vistaldr.