How I activated Windows 7 on a Dell Computer using 7Loader Revision 5 and the New Key

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mattisfaction, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mattisfaction

Mattisfaction MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    #1 Mattisfaction, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. KradLrobR

KradLrobR MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Matt, I am in thsi exact situation right now with my brother-in-law. I tried what you posted above but got a little lost. I never used Release 5 of teh 7loader before and had no idea what to do with it. Can you post step-by-step instructions of EVERYTHING you did? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

K

3. Mattisfaction

Mattisfaction MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Alright mate,

To use the loader, you have to right click the loader exe and run as administrator, then click select task, and then click on the non slic option 1 and let the loader do it's job. If the loader does not automatically restart your computer, restart it. Then enter any of the keys on this forum as long as they are oem etc. or keep the key the same as the one installed by the loader as the key has not been blacklisted like Microsoft said they would yet :D

Hope this helps mate :)

4. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Just curious, why not just use 7Loader 1.5 (the newest version) instead of mixing it with an older 7Loader Release 5?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mattisfaction

Mattisfaction MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Because the new loader will not activate my Dell machine and this has been the case on some other people's too.

Plus all the loaders released, except for the release 5 do not work at activating my computer :D

6. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I have a Dell Dimension 9100, Bios Revision A03. I'll will try this tonight or tomorrow rather when I come home from my woman's place. And let everyone know how it goes. I have also been unable to activate Windows 7 with all the available loaders. Whatever the trick is with this one, perhaps the loader programmers will add this functionality to their loaders for Dell owners. I certainly will never buy another Dell computer due to them using their own BIOS/Motherboards etc. Had I known beforehand. I did have Vista Ultimate loading fine in the non-slic method before I had installed Windows 7 on it.

7. Mattisfaction

Mattisfaction MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Totally agree with you mate, I don't like quite a few things with my Dell and regret going for it in the first place, although the only part of the computer left is the chasis, motherboard and soundcard, everything else I upgraded :D

Plus I too make a plea to the Loader programmers to consider us poor Dell users in the future with the new technologies.

We need you skills :)

8. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Unfortunately it didn't work for me, I followed all the steps too. Still says 30 days til activate. Ah well. I am 100% sure I did what you said correctly. I'll mess with it later tomorrow after the woman's house. It won't be long until October 22nd and the new keys arrive anyways :D I can wait.

9. ca$h cow

ca$h cow MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Confirmed that this solution works!!! I had a Dell E510 with the same Mobo/revision as OP. I used the first option (not the hazar option 2) in the release 5 lo@der which activated my win7 with the Leveno key.

One tip is that is probably best to do a clean install of Win7 before doing this, especially if you have tried a bunch of other lo@ders, regardless if you have removed them. I had some issues before doing a clean install. I think the issues were from traces of the old lo@ders

The release 5 lo@der will activate you with the leveno key. Following Mattisfactions steps, it was quite easy to switch to the Dell or Acer key. You can also quickly add the Acer key by using the OpaTool found on the Repository page.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Most modern dell bioses can be modded also they hardly use there own motherboards now my inspiron 530 has an award bios and a foxconn motherboard my a friend has a Dell Studio XPS 435MT it has ami bios .

11. gnyf

gnyf MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Amazing - struggling 5 days before I found your guide and then "active" within 5 minutes - THANKS :)

12. Mattisfaction

Mattisfaction MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I hope you are successful in the end mate :). Unfortunately new keys or not, unless you can activate as well you may have to try and mod your bios, or go back to Vista as you said it worked for you then :D

Glad it worked, and yes good tip indeed mate, the loaders do leave traces sometimes. :confused:

13. Mattisfaction

Mattisfaction MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Cheers for the info :) That's why I love this forum, so many people with lots of knowledge. :D
    Very glad I could be of help mate. :D

14. KradLrobR

KradLrobR MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    Well...I don't what is different about my brother-in-law's computer (DM051 A07) but this method still did not work. We performed a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate OEM, turned off UAC, ran Release 5 as admin, performed "non slic method" and rebooted. The system came back as 30 days to activate.

We then tried to install teh OEM key using slmgr, rebooted and still wants to be activated within 30 days.

Oh well...thank you for the help anyway! :)

John

15. Mattisfaction

Mattisfaction MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Hi people, due to a few people having problems with the instructions I have updated the information above and added some images to help people out.

Hope this helps?

I'd have added more images if I could have done, but only allowed to use 4, aren't we? :cool::D

16. blackzak

blackzak MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    I have a dell dimension 5150 bios A07
    I have successfully activated ultimate versions 86and 64 by simply using
    the 7Loader revision 5 by Orbit!

17. stephh

stephh MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2009
    Does not work for Dimension 9150 (A07)

18. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    who gives a sh**

19. blackzak

blackzak MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2009
    People who are struggling with the same problem presumably!

I expected a senior member on thisa forum to be a bit more polite and less rude! :mad:

20. Mattisfaction

Mattisfaction MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    I agree with you mate, people are not polite enough sometimes, usually has something to do with the fact a lot of people who hang around here doing what we are doing are young :cool::D. Don't let them bother you mate, plus we aint all like that :).

Plus glad to hear things were successful for you :D