is it possible to activate Win7 "N EDITION" with Slic 2.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Toothy, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Toothy

Toothy MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2008
    is it possible to activate Win7 "N EDITION" with Slic 2.1?

I have a Slic 2.1 bios but windows is refusing the product key 342DG-*****-*****-*****-P4K27

Anyone successfully activated the N edition(the version without media player and without internet explorer)

2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    No, it seems to have a different key range Maybe crypto can confirm this.

3. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    Certainly everyone can use base64 (or an option in WinHex) to decode infoBin in pkeyconfig.xrm-ms and look in it for keyranges. All N versions do have their own ranges for product keys. But if you don't want to wait till an OEM:SLP key for Ultimate N will be leaked (keys for Vista N versions were leaked only about 2 years after RTM), you can either replace tokens.dat or (more soft methode) import three licenses from full Ultimate edition's SPP folder, namely:
    Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Ultimate-OEM-SLP-ul.xrm-ms
    Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Ultimate-OEM-SLP-ul-oob.xrm-ms
    Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Ultimate-ppdlic.xrm-ms

as usual with slmgr.vbs -ilc ... command.
    This will let you use any of known Ultimate OEM:SLP keys and therefore activators for offline activation of Ultimate N edition.

4. Toothy

Toothy MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2008
    #4 Toothy, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
    (OP)
    Thanks for the replys.

Would that method turn it into a "FrankenBuild"? Would i simply take those files from a Non-Activated RTM install of Normal 7 ultimate from C:\Windows\System32\spp\tokens\skus\Security-SPP-Component-SKU-Ultimate? And then my Ultimate-N Would activate using Ultimate OEM Keys?

Would this make my build appear as Ultimate instead of Ultimate-N oN services such as windows update? or would it make no difference?

Do they not start releasing N edition by OEM till much later after release or something?

5. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    #5 frwil, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
    Yes that's a sort of "FrankenBuild", but a "light" one, cause files are also from RTM version and all system licenses in N and non-N editions are the same, except those needed for activation.
    Yes, these files are present on any normal activated and not activated Win 7 Ultimate install (non-N), in Windows\system32\spp\tokens\ folder in two subfolders: skus and ppdlic.

Don't think what a difference can be on WU, cause in full version you can uninstall WMP and IE, thus all the components will be the same as in N edition. I don't think WU will find you updates for WMP and IE. all other should be the same, theoretically..

I think they release machines with pre-installed N versions the same time as full versions, but they can be found only in Europe and much more rare than non-N, and the keys will be leaked if there'll be much interest for that.

6. Toothy

Toothy MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2008
  7. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti MDL Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #8 tommy_vercetti, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Toothy

Toothy MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2008
    If someone could confirm that this would not be against the forum rules then I would be happy to make a installer for this..

10. George King

George King MDL Expert

Aug 5, 2009
    Can you make it and send me link via PM?

11. Toothy

Toothy MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2008
    #11 Toothy, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    (OP)
    Im not sure if ur HP or DELL

12. Toothy

Toothy MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2008
    #12 Toothy, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    (OP)
    Windows 7 N Dell or HP Activator

Toothy!!!!!! :cool:

13. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    file no longer available ,can you re-post please.