A “real” user proves Windows 8 fails on the desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Weedy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
  2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 Daz, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Appreciate the info guys, but I have decided to try Win 8 CP and then make up my own mind how well it suits me.

My machine...my call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dsbig

dsbig MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    it would of help people if they would of included a working help system in windows 8, the help software doesnt bring up any use information..

in windows 7 help if you type directx in help it will display result which bring to starting directx

windows 8 help says it cant find anything....

at lest include a full working help system to help people learn the system

5. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    this is gona take a lot of tech knowlage and booze to waddle thru another microsoft brain fart lol :aglerks:

6. Panigale1199

Panigale1199 MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2012
    Win eight = Omg#*#! xd :D

How do ms solve these error !
    Never change a winning team.
    Never change a running win system.

nine o'Win
    - Bill is back and Steven Sinofsky is gone
    ;)

7. Coffeeman

Coffeeman MDL Junior Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I really did not understand a word from what you said! Could you be more understandable?:D

8. Panigale1199

Panigale1199 MDL Novice

Mar 12, 2012
    Tschernobyl, Fukushima, Windows 8
    all Major accident grade 7 ;)

ns.iaea.org/tech-areas/emergency/ines.asp

9. efjay

efjay MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2012
    These videos are obviously setup to show Windows 8 in a bad light. The second video the supposed "average" user goes straight to the desktop without even trying to do anything in the Start screen, which is where his programs would be. Why would anyone do that with a completely new interface? Would they not explore it? Did they not know what they were buying in the first place? How may average users even know what the desktop is called? They dont even state what his programs are, which are probably just email and internet which would be right on the Start screen and would only need to be opened. Complete FUD, and its also wrong to imply that this is how Windows 8 will be presented, with NO HELP at all to users. That is ludicrous but definitely in line with the misleading theme W8 haters are pushing.

10. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #10 Daz, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    I put Windows 8 onto my notebook and let a few family members try it. The result was the same as the videos. They would click things, get stuck in a metro app and not know how to get out of it. Once they do find there way out (only after me telling them) they click to view the desktop and would then get stuck there because theres no start button. The reason? Average PC users don't often use keyboard shortcuts and there's no indication for you to put your mouse in the corners of the screen. It frustrated them, I got the notebook handed back and Windows 8 was labelled as crap.

11. FireRx

FireRx MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    all you haters realize this is still a "beta" right? Nothing is Final yet.

12. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #13 Shenj, Mar 13, 2012
  13. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #14 Daz, Mar 13, 2012
  14. Mazrim Taim

Mazrim Taim MDL Member

Feb 23, 2012
  15. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Right Daz, so there be a less part of people using windows 8,
    Tablet and slates users, some people like me(yes using the 7 interface without metro crap)
    Moreover 8 has a lot of new features, used with 7 GUI(start menu and desktop) that makes it perfect OS(RTMmed)
    and some mad people using it as it is on the desktops and notebooks!

So:
    to closing metro app, wherever you are, put the mouse on the top center on the screen until a hand pops out, click, keep pressed and move down.
    To closing normal program, wherever you are, go just on the top left where is an X, is bigger and easy to click, done.

NOW, whichever change Microsoft wil do, tell me which way is faster, easy to find and to do????
    Yeah, why not putting a x button on the metro app, does make sense???
    If i want to see my task bar to see my audio level, time or lan status, there is a way to resize???
    No wait, close the app, or choose from other app where your desktop is...uau fashinating.

And how the hell(sorry for bad word :( ) you have to be precise with the mouse to find the exacly position to put your mouse to open the charm menu???

Hey guys i'm using win from the 3.11 era, more than 20 years on desktop experience, moving the mouse on it as fast as possible(typin on the keyboard) to do all the computer stuff in less time.
    Now believe guys, after every single try, now and then,, to give a new win 8 interface a explanation to be.....

Yep big flop with metro, but very good and optimal performances and new features.

What is right or wrong?
    There is not right nor wrong, better or worse, just point of view....
    These views are reflecting round the web, that 8 will be a big flop....
    Now answer why noone is asking for a new leak??
    :D:D:D:D

Remember that when 7 was beta, no such big gui changes to RTM......

16. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    What this about Windows Ate? Ate what? the start bar and all logic in how to use it?

I can see if kept in a similar state to how it is it will become known as 'Windows H8te'.

17. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
  18. Misaki2010

Misaki2010 MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    Oh come on... All I can see are complains :| If you don't like the 8 interface don't upgrade to it :| It's not like you HAVE to do it... (only if you want to pay again like 100$)... stick with Windows 7... And anyway, this old people trying the OS and being filmed by their sons are making quite a fool of themselves... why can't they just watch a preview video on the Official websites to see how Windows 8 works... and anyway, they will be able to read the manual when the final version is out. I don't see the point of criticizing Microsoft's work, you wanted more changes? Well... here they are!

19. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Yeah and don't be shocked, did you notice that "Getting Started" is not even there on the WCP at all? not even as old'ish 7 Version. RC/RTM is probably going to have a new "Getting Started" that's actually a Visual Walkthrough and not like the thing you find in XP/Vista/7.