a bit of a stupid question

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gavin mcguire, Oct 3, 2017.

1. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    Does anyone know/remember where else you were able to download microsoft toolkit from? i remember about a few months ago i download microsoft toolkit to use on the new copy of w10... but i know i didnt get it from here lol. Anyone has any idea if there was another source?

also, why are these forums considered "the best/safest/most legit" ? why are all clean isos/ms toolkit etc here ?

2. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Hello @gavin mcguire and welcome to MDL :)

If you are talking about the Microsoft toolkit used to download the final version directly from Microsoft, you will need to wait until October 17, before RS3 is actually officially published by Microsoft. Although thanks to a few good devs here on MDL you can get it sooner by using this tool found here https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/uup-dump.75052 If you are talking about the Microsoft Toolkit for activation, you can obtain it here https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...al-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/

MDL is usually safer because folks here are both helpful and paranoid (that is a good thing). Everything is checked, double-checked, and checked again. The mentality around here is basically trust but verify everything. Finally, most of the tools used to download Windows found on MDL are used to download directly from Microsoft (the 1st linked tool in this post is one example). The few downloads not directly pulled off of Microsoft's own servers are verified as originally have come from Microsoft by members here who actually do pay for an MSDN subscription and those are verified by others as well (files names with checksums, for example).

3. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    oh i guess that clarifies why everything good is here.

why does microsoft make it so easy for people like, for example ms toolkit activator dev to... well, make an activator and therefore make pirating as easy as a click of a button?

also, theres a second "Microsoft toolkit" ? whats the use and why is microsoft developing it

4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  5. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    yeah yeah i know what media creation tool is.

I just always found it intriguing how easy it is to pirate windows, at literally no consequences. yet, its so expensive !

ohh so the pirate kms is using microsofts own tools to activate our operating systems. lol never knew that.

So im kinda new and let me clarify: to pirate the OS what i have to do is:
    1. Get it from a legit source. For example, windows media creation tool, or iso downloader
    2. make a bootable dvd or usb
    3. fresh install
    4. activate using kms tool
    thats all there is to it right?

Question about iso downloader: how does heidoc.net get their iso's ? how are they legit and why isnt ms doing anything about them ?

6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Basically, that is all to it. Download, install, activate.

Although no one would ever officially admit it while working for any respectable company, piracy helps. Studies have even proven that many folks who download stuff that they technically shouldn't be downloading, they eventually end up buying anyway. These studies apply to music, movies, software, and just about any digital, non-tangible good or service.

7. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    i agree to that, BUT not really when it comes to os xd i hate m$ so id never buy their products but i honestly dont see why theyre not preventing ppl from pirating windows since the 90s.

would u use windows 10 enterprise over any other w10? Will i still be able to, for example, buy a game from windows store if its not present on my pc ? what else is good about enterprise that other w10 versions dont have ?

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Better go with a normal Pro, not real need for Enterpriser :thinking:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #9 Nucleus, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    So easy!!! Clearly you weren't around when the current KMS protocol was emulated at MDL! It was far from easy and a collaboration of many, if memory serves correctly, some of MDL's more serious gurus emulated it. MS Toolkit was/is only one of many KMS solutions to utilise it.

Edit: Why is this posted in W10 forum?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I use Windows Enterprise LTSB since I did not want all the junk that usually comes with Home or Professional Edition, plus I did not want to hack away stuff and worry about every update bringing back the stuff I would have hacked away in Home or Pro. You can download a copy of it by following the link in my signature. You can also add store into LTSB by following another link found in my signature. ;)

11. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    yeah i literally just installed the enterprise edition and i dunno... stuff is acting up.

First of all, i was unable to format my ssd and hdd. once i deleted them and re-added them i was able to do so (they added like 3 partitions each after i re-added them so i had to get rid of those too), now im trying to figure out why os takes so long to boot in when the os is installed on ssd, the boot option is the ssd, and whenever it launched it shows up the logo, goes black and comes to logo and then loads in. its annoying.

any ideas ?

12. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    You are better off using the ones found here on MDL. Those found on Reddit usually have been modified. Been using LTSB since 2015 and upgraded to the newer LTSB 2016 and I have never had the issues you are reporting. Strongly suggest you use the ones here on MDL. Finally, when in doubt, be sure you also have the latest drivers and firmware for your devices.

13. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    A follow-up of thought...

You question why people trust MDL and agree that the answer I provided was a good reason, then you completely ignore that sound reasoning and jump on and use the sources you find off of Reddit. Is it any wonder why you are having problems?

:rofl:

14. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    no no i had that os on a boot-able usb for a week now, ive only literally formatted my system now and im wondering why im having so many issues with boot and formatting. i never actually used reddit or these forums before, reddit is more famous obviously (or infamous) so i saw the links there first

15. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    im looking at the link you provided and i dont understand what im looking at. whats w10 enterprise "N"

16. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    The link I provided is a torrent, which will download the ISO of your choice. A torrent program is a program that shares a file over many people, which is good when you have a problem keeping a source online. Since Microsoft loves to kick sources off, I decided to use a torrent.

I actually explain how to use those links in my post ;)
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-10-ltsb-2016-iso.74013/page-2#post-1362825

17. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017
    yeah i apologize i screwed up and clicked on your second link, instead of 3rd. disregard that

could you help me understand something? why is it that all the boot options have changed names when i switched to that w10 enterprise? heres the pic

basically, The main boot (ssd) is the "hard disk "CT 500", thats the way it was before the format. now when i switched to that os, i have " uefi hard disk windows boot manager" AND "ct 500". why is it doing that? and if i switch the boot order to anything, even the ssd with the os itll say that its unable to boot because of lack of os. same if i disable windows boot manager.

i dont get why its doing all that

Attached Files:

18. gavin mcguire

gavin mcguire MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2017