A couple of questions regarding bios mod ?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by alextheg, Oct 16, 2009.

1. alextheg

alextheg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Im in the middle of using the Award mod tool to mod my bios. The tool has detected my mobo / bios manufacturer. Manaufacturer isnt in the slic or slp list so am i right in thinking i select a matching slic and slp of my choice and then continue with the mod ?
    Also, i have a Gigabyte GA-EG41MF-US2H mobo with a dual bios chip setup......ie the second chip backs up the first in case it is corrupted etc. This being the case am i right in thinking i am quite safe to flash with a modded bios ? Its just that i bricked my last mobo flashing a modded bios. :D :D :D

BTW. I have already flashed the latest un-modded bios using q-flash and all went well. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Everilda

Everilda MDL Senior Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I have an older Gigabyte P4 board and have successfully used Andy's Award tool. I used the Dell Slic and did not bother with SLP as I was not interested in XP. I have always used Qflash on this dual bios board.
    When I first used the tool, ver 1.12 I think, the tool said the Silc creation was successful and Qflash flashed the bios OK, but when I rebooted got the message 'Bad Checksum' and the bios was automatically overwritten by the backup bios.
    This was on the last bios version for this board 'FK', the tool worked perfectly on an older bios version 'FJ'.
    The latest version of the tool now successfully modifys Bios 'FK'.
    So make sure you are using the latest version of the tool and use the default settings.
    If there are any problems with the tool creating the modified bios then I would suggest you post the results in Andy's Award tool thread and get advice from the expert himself.

Just out of interest what as the board you bricked?

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Be sure to use SSv3 mod on the GB board. The latest tools will automatically see the GB bios and select for you.

There is no gigabyte Cert as of yet..only a matter of time. You can still use the Gigabyte SLP for the OEMBIOS files if you want.

I use HP for both and I have GB boards...

Use the FLASHSPI from dos for best results..

@Bios is crap, Qflash is a risk, Flashspi is very close to perfect..absolutely the best tool for GB bios flash. :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...