A curious problem with 3G dongle

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by aninda_d, Mar 22, 2013.

1. aninda_d

aninda_d MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2012
    I have a rather curious problem.

First the hardware description. I use Sony VAIO E series laptop running Win7 Home edition.

I was using a 3G USB dongle provided by MTS (a telecom company in India) for accessing internet. My laptop has 4 USB ports. I always used to insert this dongle in a particular port. A few days back I bought another dongle from Tata Docomo. I had to this because MTS had some legal issues and they stopped service in certain areas. This new dongle wouldn't work if I inserted it in the port where I used the old (MTS) dongle. It works fine in the other 3 ports. The error shown is 'No device found'. Other devices like USB drives work just fine.

Can't seem to find a solution? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Why you need an other Dongle? Isn't it that you could just change the SIM Card from one provider to the one from an other?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aninda_d

aninda_d MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2012
    It is a dongle with built in SIM. In India there are service providers who sell this kind of product.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    They are (MTS & Tata) CDMA provider; SIM is integrated.

5. aninda_d

aninda_d MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2012
    @rrohela
    Tried it. Did not work. Thanks though.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry, I don't know that! We didn't have that service in Thailand, we using just SIM Cards!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Kamar

Kamar MDL Junior Member

Dec 24, 2009
    I have been using MTS blaze for 2 years. Usually uninstall it, and clean registry with regeditor. you must have given your firewall permission to allow connections, try exiting firewall then uninstalling , and cleaning all traces.

Then Reinstall MTS blaze, see if it is working , use window safe removal to disconnect MTS dongle and insert the new Tata dongle and try.