A few Windows 7 questions for those in the know please

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by vwgolfman, Sep 20, 2009.

1. vwgolfman

vwgolfman MDL Junior Member

Nov 5, 2007
    #1 vwgolfman, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
    Hi,
    I would like to install Windows 7 on my desktop and have a few things I would like to check with you guys in the know first please....

I am currently running 2 x RAID1 arrays with Windows Vista. Obviously my BIOS and Mobo support it. Will this run OK with Windows 7?
    I have "Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager" installed for monitoring and repairing any issues with the arrays. Will this work with Windows 7?

Am I right in thinking that Windows 7 has no Windows Mail or equivalent email application?
    Is there a bolt-on or similar to give me this facility?
    Will this bolt-on email client work with Kaspersky Internet Security as I had read somewhere that there may be issues?

EDIT: I have just read something about "Windows Live Mail".
    What is this and how is it installed?
    Is it bundled with all sorts of other rubbish that I MUST install too or can I just install Windows Live Mail?
    Is this the equivalent to Outlook express (Windows XP) / Windows Mail (Vista)?
    How will I import my contacts and emails into it?
    Will Kaspersky Internet Security support it?

Many thanks all for any help

2. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    I have RAID setup too, and had no issues with Windows 7. Intel has already released the updated Storage manager for 7 too. I don't use Windows Mail so I can't answer that one. Let me check my VM install and see if it's in there

3. chianf092

chianf092 MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Windows Mail was the replacement for Outlook Express. Though Windows 7 didn't come with it I am see where you can download it from MS.

The Windows Live Mail installer let's you pick what you want to install so you don't need all those other items.