A hint that Slackware might release a new version soon?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Skaendo, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #1 Skaendo, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. goldfinger

goldfinger MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2010
    I've been using Slackware since around 94 when I got my first Pentium 90Mhz and I have been putting it on servers since 1998. It's been around a while for good reason, it just works. My only complaint is that initial booting and installation can be complicated on some systems. I've had to compile my own kernel many times just to get to the initial installer.

I still use Slackware today on all servers I install because Slackware still rocks. :headbang:

I'll rsync slackware64-current when these updates come out.

4. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    I'm hoping for a new release! 14.2 or 15.
    I've just recently switched from Debian about a year ago, and never looked back.
    So the saying, "Once you go Slack, you never go back" is true.
    I don't know how I stayed with Debian for 15 years.

5. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #5 Skaendo, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    (OP)
    HUGE update to Slackware-current using Alien Bobs mirror-slackware-current.sh. A new release I believe is imminent within a day or so.

A few things that I've noticed,

Just about everything has been updated.
    KDE & programs have been updated to v4.14.
    GCC is at 4.9.2

*Well mabye not in the next few days, but soon. It's been about a year and a half since the last release, and seems about due.