A large black spot on my screen

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by robalm, May 13, 2011.

1. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 robalm, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Hi, maybe the monitor has issues. Test with a different monitor if possible and see if the results are the same.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    thanks buddy, a simple but good suggestion :) (I have a big lump in the attic, that I can test)

4. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Let us know the results. Just seen the pic, if the monitor is faulty it could account for the BSOD.

5. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I realized that I could hook up my TV to the computer (brainfrezze)
    I did it and there was no black spot, so it's definitely the screen that has broken down o_O

6. starams5

starams5 MDL Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Hi, glad you got it sorted out. When you said the spot was there with the computer off, kind-of ruled out anything else.