A little help... can't Reset PC

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Simpuhl, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    So I was stupid and uninstalled all the windows 10 apps, ran some tweaks and a bunch of other s**t and somehow broke a few things that nobody on earth knows how to fix... So finally I decided to do a reset pc + choosing to keep files

Well I tired it twice and it failed. So now I can't even do that...

I was wondering if I could run my setup.exe off the install disk and choose to do an "upgrade" and force it to do a repair that way?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #2 lobo11, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    First see if it is even repairable:
    In ADMIN Cmd Prompt Type
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    When you use the /CheckHealth argument, the DISM tool will report whether the image is healthy, repairable, or non-repairable. If the image is non-repairable, you should discard the image and start again. If the image is repairable:D

Reset might work if you keep nothing, see all your files are messed up, so no you cannot keep them.

Do you have backup image you made after clean install
    You Said
    I was wondering if I could run my setup.exe off the install disk and choose to do an "upgrade" and force it to do a repair that way?

Yes if current OS is running you can do this

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Nothing is corrupt, as the dism states also.

I have Windows 10 pro, so I can force an upgrade to the same windows 10 pro and it should work then?

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    might as well go ahead and try, sounds like you haven't much to lose at this point

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #5 lobo11, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    Bring up Admin cmd prompt type sfc /scannow see what that says:D

If that shows errors go ahead and click on ISO/mount/setup while OS is running and do it again and save nothing, if you save anything, you will be saving errors your trying to get rid of:D