A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by holechien86, Jul 19, 2017.

1. holechien86

holechien86 MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2017
    hello,

so i used a mdl and WT with EZ and did all the best way to install windows.
    anyway, my only anti malware was spybot, and each time i shut down the computer, i have a message :

"A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encourage to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error"

Does some of you knows where it come from?
    I made a clean install and didn't had any possible virus/malware,

thanks

2. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Hate to say go Google it, but I did and came up with lots of answers on the BitDefender forum no less. Search for "C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. holechien86

holechien86 MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2017
    I'm asking here because i tried all solutions but i still have the error message.

I know one of the great thing that spybot had was he can run "before startup", to clean delete some files or avoiding hiding tricks from malwares developers.

Anyway i'll try to uninstall spybot to see if it's still there.

4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Delete that file, uninstall Spybot, install a proper antivirus such as the free AVIRA or AVAST and then scan your computer with that.