A program to make your downloading faster

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by half Man Half Biscuit, Jul 29, 2011.

1. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
    Hey guys,

Is there any program that can make your downloading speed a bit faster?
    I´m using Utorrent 3.0.
    I have tried a few programs,but they don´t work.

If you got any tip or link please post

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Olddigital

Olddigital MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2011
    #2 Olddigital, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    A friend was wondering why I couldn't get WinXPPRO faster than about 24 hours [newsgroups].
    I thought about what he said.
    The answer came to me like this:You are on a 2 lane highway.
    Let's say,70MPH.And for the "fun",a driver can't go above...50 MPH.{This driver is the one that you are D/L'ing from}.Now your car/truck is capable of doing 110 MPH easily.
    But,you are stuck behind this slow driver.You can only go as fast as the slowest driver.
    So,no matter how many downloaders that claim to speed up the process,you sure can't speed up where you download from.
    Hope this made sense.
    You have a good weekend.

3. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #3 x86, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nawzil

Nawzil MDL Guru

Jun 18, 2011
    Try Download Accelerator Plus from SpeedBit. This is for http and ftp downloads only, not for torrents.

5. speed.crash

speed.crash MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2011
    For me Internet Download Manager is the best.

6. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
  7. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Its fine if it says HD3600 series instead of the exact model number, it doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't getting a fully functioning driver, just that all the driver configuration settings are the same for all cards under the HD3600 series :)

The Microsoft display driver for ATI or Nvidia is just and old version straight from ATI or Nvidia (or Intel etc), which has had OpenGL removed from it (since it competes with Directx). You should never rely on the default Microsoft driver for display, always download the latest one from ATI. The latest is 11.7 (year.month), just released a few days ago, and there is a 11.8 preview driver which is even better. That driver covers the HD2xxx series and above. The next generation Radeon cards, the HD 7xxx series, are based on significantly different technology to the current cards, whether this means a different driver series (or differentiated driver modules) is yet to be seen. In any case, it looks like from information available that the HD7xxx series, if that will be its designation, will be like The HD2xxx (and even earlier) and the HD69xx are based on the same fundamental technology which is why the driver is universal for these, but of course features are enabled/disabled and different tunings for each card.

8. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #9 x86, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011