A Question About Bittorrent/Utorrent (vista x86)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by The1_, Sep 26, 2010.

1. The1_

The1_ MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2010
    Hi guys...

I wanna ask about the "red arrow" in torrent programs when there is a file downloading.I dont want to know how to solve it.Cuz I have no problem with speed even it is red.I just want to know if this situation causes problems (like damaging file) or not.

Thx for the answers.See you guys...

2. ricksy50

ricksy50 MDL Junior Member

Sep 15, 2009
    utorrent checks the files against a "checksum" for the files so if they are corrupt then it will download them again, if it tells you download finished then the file is complete.

3. fastlane128

fastlane128 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    #3 fastlane128, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    as ricksy50 said utorrent does a checksum. when all the trackers are 404 or error not connected you will get a red arrow download. there is a tracker tab that allows you to see the status of the trackers. some torrents have no external trackers and only use DHT that will give you a red arrow download because it can not preform a checksum. some trackers are private and have time limits that do not allow DHT. furthermore; on the time limited you can get a red arrow if the time limit is passed. example a tracker might say tracker name November 1,2010. the tracker will be dead December 1, 2010. for more info on DHT go to utorrents' home page. you might want to get RapidCRC32 Free program. RapidCRC32 is a checksum program that cheeks the hash to see if you have all the data in your download. rapidcrc.sourceforge.net/