A Simple Hack For Install Office 2010 On XP Pro SP2 - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by DasFox, Aug 16, 2010.

1. DasFox

DasFox MDL Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #1 DasFox, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
    When installing Office 2010 for the first time on XP I realized you needed msxml6 and SP3.

Well for me SP3 was not an option, I've had to many problems with it and didn't want it, so I went surfing for an answer and found one.

This is what I found:

Here’s a simple method, that worked as a charm for me:
    1. Go to Registry
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows
    3. Change CSDVersion string value from 200 to 300
    4. Reboot
    5. Install Office 2010 and reboot again
    6. Repeat first four steps to get 300 to 200 parameter again
    6. Voila! Enjoy your product

So I wanted to ask what others thought about installing Office 2010 on XP Pro SP2, if this little hack around works and everything in Office will work as expected?

Because one thing I noticed is when moving around through the some of the options in Office, they seemed to lag a little when I clicked on the resources and trust center options, I think it was these options I forget because I don't have Office installed at the moment, had to reinstall the system.

But whichever options they are, its the sections where the options get highlighted in a rectangular yellow bar that would lag. like when I clicked on another option, the previous one would stay highlighted for a few seconds with also the new option highlighted before finally responding and opening.

THANKS

2. daisyallen

daisyallen MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2010
    Fabulous information and me sure IT professional, Decision-maker, Designer, Solution Architect, Technology Manager or a Student, this will definitely excite you.But I have one quarry it infects the system after the patch ? if any have knowledge about this then please serve here .

3. loseurselfabhi

loseurselfabhi MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2011
    THNX A lott ...

DIs was rily usefull... thnx a tonn.. :)

peace... \m/

4. bestmind

bestmind MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2012
    Fantastic hack

Thanks alot!

this was superb help friend.......
    :clap3::clap3: